When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aerochago SA / Aeroclassics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerochago SA / Aeroclassics

Apologize in advance for the "wish list", but here's to hoping Aeroclassics will release the DC-7C(F) and L-1049(F) in Aerochago colors (below).

From what I can tell, Aerochago was a Dominican freight hauler that operated some amazing old propliners on up to (at least) the early 1990's... These could be seen at Miami (MIA) on a regular basis. There are many videos on YouTube - I'm sure some of you have seen them. Information about this airline is very sketchy, but I have to think these were some of the last DC-7s and Constellations in commercial use.

I've really enjoyed my Aeroclassics Buffalo C-46, and I readily admit I have a soft spot for freighters, especially those which have served for decades and are now on their last legs. There is something fascinating about these prehistoric monsters, forlorn on remote hardstands in a distant corner of the local municipal. The history and the character are palpable.

There are sill so many 'classic' models to release.
    I also pine for a couple of Boeing 707 and DC-8 freighters which used to fly late night into Cape Town. Sadly, times have changed.
    The old prop liners were so nice to see. The South African Air Force had a large fleet of DC-3 and DC-4 aircraft due to the sanctions which were in place. I well remember the rumbling of the old P&W engines. Gives me goose bumps.
    --

Comment

At this past summer's Herpa Summer Party I was speaking with one of the managers about classic models and he said that sales in this area are not as strong as they like as todays collectors are younger than some of us old farts so they cant identify with the older planes. I myself have avoided the older models until recent as the quality and details of these classics become much better.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X