When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eBay deadbeats.. my rant & question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay deadbeats.. my rant & question

The title says it all.. non-paying bidders, aka "eBay deadbeats". They bid models up as high as they dare, and then... walk away. What kind of BS is this?

It's now happened to me a couple of times... very frustrating. Now I have to go and recover my seller fees from eBay. Is there any way I can leave them negative feedback without any danger of them retaliating in kind? I have a perfect buyer/seller record and I would hate for it to be ruined.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Doesn't ebay dock buyers accounts after too many unpaid item cases?
    Last edited by foundation; 04-16-2015, 06:06 PM. Reason: changed does to doesn't (I meant to imply I think it does)

Comment

I count myself very lucky then. Most of my purchases have been through e-bay, knock on wood and whistle, I've never had a bad experience yet.

Comment

Originally posted by foundation View Post
        Doesn't ebay dock buyers accounts after too many unpaid item cases?
        i think its 3 strikes and you are out! sadly you cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer. you can only leave negative feedback using the neutral icon. hoping that people will see it. but as you said they could leave you negative feedback. BUT ebay have the power to overturn/delete that if you complain and they can obviously see they never paid for item. yes, its a pain in the ***, but there is not a lot you can really do.
        --
        ROBERT

Comment

I take pride in the fact that I always pay immediately on ebay.

Comment

eBay is expensive and a potential dangerous mind field. I have had a few non payers, sure I track them down know where they work and live, but what can you do? I file my non payment complaint and eBay does refund you the fees but these scum bags can do it again. I really hate ebay as for honest sellers, it's tough and innocent buyers dealing with bad sellers. I visited one dead beat two years after he said he did not receive an item, he did fess up, he was motivated, lets just say that the cost of repair was 100 times more than what I lost. Was it right, no, was it legal, no, but it was priceless and felt oh so good!

ebay and Paypal really need to update their policy's and be more aggressive with bad buyers and sellers. New buyers should post a deposit or bond and be held accountable. ebay should have a centralized system to punish fraudsters, automatic police report and judgements through the respective court!

I keep hoping for a real alternative to eBay!

Comment

I have to say, that nearly all the ebay transactions I have done.. buying or selling; have been ok those that didn't, most I been able to resolve fairly smoothly. But i am currently dealing with a guy who tried to sell me a 1/500 B787 as 1/400.. and remains convinced of that even after me sending him photos to compare
            --
            Living the dream.. or is it the nightmare..?

Comment

E-bay does nothing to protect the seller t all.

Comment

Ebay has always been the wild west of Ecommerce. We occasionally have buyers that don't pay and we just report them to eBay and relist the item.
                --
                Shop www.DiecastAirplane.com. Email info@diecastairplane.com to join our FREE VIP Program for free shipping and special discounts.

Comment

I agree with everything posted above. In fact I have a dozen of nice models to sell but as I had problems with bad buyers in the past (twice) I am afraid of listing these models on ebay.

Comment

I haven't had any issues with the small aircraft yet. I've had a few hundred transactions with no problems actually. I did have a model train incident years ago though but even that was shipping damage. I was forced to refund on an insured package however.

Comment

These high bidding non payers are a pain for sure and I think 3 strikes is ridiculas. If you bid you should then have to pay. Period, and if you don't then you should not be able to participate in the auctions any more. When I see bidders with 0 transactions I get worried everytime when selling or buying. It's like they have nothing to lose being they can do it 3 times without negative feedback being left due to retaliation. There are many buyers out there that will not buy unless they see perfect feedback. Backing out of a auction should automatically give a bad feedback especially being they can do it 3 times.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X