When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DiMA is now the LARGEST model airplane database in the world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiMA is now the LARGEST model airplane database in the world!

Sometimes numbers speak louder than words, and just a few days ago DiMA became the worlds largest model airplane database available anywhere!. While other sites have limited systems, one in particular hasn't seen updates in years and is now a security risk. Here is how we stack up to the competition:

Model Database Comparison Matrix
    DiMA Wings900
    & DAC
    HobbyDB 400 Scale Hangar
    Models 34,684 34,674 33,775 (including "toys") 3,972
    Logos 100%
    (access to 7,800+)
    0 Unknown 0
    Updates? Weekly NO Yes, frequency unknown Only 1:400
    User Ratings 19,968 0 Unknown 0
    Photos 89,345 66,133 Unknown ~15,000
    User Photos 1,639 0 Unknown Unknown
    Last Update Today Early 2016 June 2016 Unknown
    Price Points 411,442 372,019 Unknown 0
    Active Trade
    System
    Yes Partial YES NO
    Updated Software Yes No (Security breach in Feb 2016) YES Unknown
    Retailer Integration YES NO Partial NO
    eBay Integration YES NO NO NO
    Model Popularity YES NO NO NO
    Working Price Graphs YES NO NO NO
    Model Comments YES NO NO NO
    Real Aircraft Photos YES NO NO NO
    Friends don't let Friends use bad databases!

Let your friends and fellow collectors on other forums that DiMA is the place to be. They can still transfer their collection form Wings900 and DAC to DiMA and we actively respond to bug fixes, upgrades and security issues. Spread the word!

REMEMBER: You can still transfer your Wings900 or DAC collection to DiMA!

Read more about how to do it here: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/forum/model-aircraft-community/general-talk/39679-welcome-wings900-and-dac-users-import-your-collection-we-can-help

Thank You
    As always, we realize you have a choice of databases forums and collection systems and we appreciate your continued support.

-Team DiMA
    --

Congratulations

Long live DiMA.
    --

Comment

Parabens DIMA!

Comment

I hope the quality continues to stay on top.
        --

Comment

Excuse me for dropping in late, this site has absolutely no connection with Wings900-DAC?

Comment

The only connection to w900/dac is that Waffle owns this site, and he was a former owner of W900/DAC. Since the split he has had no interaction with those sites, which for the most part are crumbling and a shadow of their former selves.
            --

Comment

Awesome work!! I was on W900 for 14 years and I can attest how much it went down hill. The final straw was when I got locked out of my account and no response from the site admin to reset.

Comment

• Tensharp
                Tensharp commented
                Editing a comment
                Same to me.

A big round of applause is on order, no doubt. Thanks very much to everyone involved - keep up the great work.

While most new releases are added regularly by waffle, It would be fantastic if user-submitted models and corrections were considered more quickly. I've volunteered for the task numerous times; the offer is still valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ops Manager View Post
                The only connection to w900/dac is that Waffle owns this site, and he was a former owner of W900/DAC. Since the split he has had no interaction with those sites, which for the most part are crumbling and a shadow of their former selves.
                Unfortunately I have noticed that, there is much less lively discussion there and real mfg input. Which is why I am here.

Comment

DiMA's database is 10X better than DA.C's. They still have models from years ago that still haven't been added. It's frustrating when you are trying to keep a collection database and 1/4 of then aren't even in the database. I moved all my stuff over to DiMA and nothing is now missing. Very Happy!

Comment

Congrats DIMA staff.

Comment

i truly love DIMA since i first knew about it back in 2013-2014. what i like a lot is building my database of models. sure i used to do it on Wings900 then i created my own excel sheets incase i couldnot access the website..it took a loooooot of my time to add models, logos, info..etc
                      with DIMA i can just download a PDF of my database and save it on my desktop. i wish DIMA was before i did all that work

so i hope you keep up the good work

Comment

I don't even know where to start making an excel spread sheet!

Thank god for this Click image for larger version

Name:	dec7c004.x50.gif
Views:	168
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	50301
                        --

Comment

Outstanding web site. Use it often.

Comment

I imagine Dima has grown some more since this thread was started.
                            I use it weekly to check for new models and it has worked for me as a reminder of models I can get on e-bay and from the retailers which has an API into this website database.
                            Awesome :-)
                            --

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X