When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private aircraft in the works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private aircraft in the works?

I was just browsing through the database and noticed that there are no private aircraft in the 1:400 scale made by any of the largest manufacturers, Dragon, Gemini and others. Why is that? Not permited? Copyright issues? I know that Herpa has a 1:500 version of the Bandit (P4-MES) but nothing in the 1:400 scale. As a 767 collector I'd love to see the Bandit P4-MES, Googlejet and other neat private 767s, as well as BBJs and ACJs. Is there a possibility of seeing them being made?
    --

I'd love to see it too Gustavok. As far as I know there aren't many. GJ released an ugly BBJ at one point, with very toy-like "BBJ" letters on the tail. The best candidate I've seen is the old euro white Miami Air Int'l 737-800. A q-tip w/ a little nail polish remover to the titles makes for a passable private jet.

I'm guessing we don't see these for the same reason we don't see business jets: "insufficient demand". Although, I for one think private jets would provide a nice contrast for collectors - and especially for those who are not so much into the airlines as they are the airplanes.

I'll take it a step further and say if we ever get Gulfstreams and Dassault business jets in 1/400 I would be a very, very, happy collector.

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X