When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BEA Herald Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BEA Herald Story

I'm pleased to present a guest blog by none other than 1/400 legend and aviation historian Adrian Balch. In this piece he looks at the history of HP Heralds that flew with BA colours and highlights his lovely little diorama setups. Take a look:

The Handley Page Herald struggled for sales despite a Royal tour. Several aircraft did get into BEA colours though and here's their story.

1962 BEA Heralds S. American Tour by rstretton, on Flickr
    --
    http://yesterdaysairlines.weebly.com/

The Diorama in this article is amazing, how the owner was able to put so much detail even in the in-flight shots just show how far some of these collections can get. I am very amazed and proud to see the level of detail and individuality that some collectors put to make their collections "as real as it gets". Cheers!
    --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

Comment

Thanks for your kind comments. My main interest in collecting 1/400 models is to portray the history of the airline and place them in typical diorama settings. Richard has more of these blog stories to come with more of my diorama pictures, so keep tuning in!

Happy New Year all.

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X