1:1000 wanted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1:1000 wanted

Just went from 1:500 to 1:1000. I'm searching almost everything. I only have LH A380 from herpa. I once sold a LH set from herpa by mistake. Please contact me if you have 1:1000 models for sale. Herpa, hogan, limox?

Not to sound ignorant, but how are 1000 scales, I mean I know they are smaller but is the quality there? Myself I used to be hard core into 400 scales because of their detail, and price compromise. Thanks to fleetlordatvar and a few other users I have taken the leap to 200 scales because of the bigger size and amazing quality. But I understand that some of us may have situations where space is valuable and 200 scales or even 400 scales are too large to collect. Who makes 1000 scales?

Thanks for the response, I'm just more curious about the scale as I've rarely seen planes that small.
    --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

Comment

I have been collecting 1:500 and 1:400 since 2000. What I like about the 500 and 400 scales are the details. However in the last years many models have flaws and mistakes and the price is only going up.
      I still love the 500 and 400 scale and still collect some of them, but having two children and a wife, the space is the major issue.
      When I wanted to showcase my models the space was too little to have many A380s, 747s A340s and so on. So I decided to try this small scale.
      The details are actually quite good keeping in mind how small they are. You can have an A380 in the palm of your hand. This is VERY valuable if you like the heavies like me.
      Of course it lacks in details compared to 1:400. Many details are simply too small to make when the model is 1000 times smaller than the original.
      The landing gears are the biggest issue! They are very small so its okay for me, but they are just part of the metalfuselage marked with a black dot.
      Hogan makes fantastic 1:1000 landing gears however. They are as good as the 1:500 scale. Limox has made a Lufthansa B747-8 which looks very nice as well.
      For the time being I only have Herpas Lufthansa A380 which is very fine.
      I just bought a set made by Herpa with two Olympic Airways models. An A340 and the B747-200.
      I can upload pictures when I receive them.

Comment

Originally posted by LH1000 View Post
        I still love the 500 and 400 scale and still collect some of them, but having two children and a wife, the space is the major issue.
        When I wanted to showcase my models the space was too little to have many A380s, 747s A340s and so on. So I decided to try this small scale.
        The details are actually quite good keeping in mind how small they are. You can have an A380 in the palm of your hand. This is VERY valuable if you like the heavies like me.
        Of course it lacks in details compared to 1:400. Many details are simply too small to make when the model is 1000 times smaller than the original.
        The landing gears are the biggest issue! They are very small so its okay for me, but they are just part of the metalfuselage marked with a black dot.
        Hogan makes fantastic 1:1000 landing gears however. They are as good as the 1:500 scale. Limox has made a Lufthansa B747-8 which looks very nice as well.
        For the time being I only have Herpas Lufthansa A380 which is very fine.
        I just bought a set made by Herpa with two Olympic Airways models. An A340 and the B747-200.
        I can upload pictures when I receive them.
        I hear that LH1000, having 2 kids myself I understand the constraints and sometimes terror of having models near kids, especially myself where I have a 3 year old and a newborn. Luckily for now my collection is off-site from my current living quarters and for now I can get away with not worrying about space. But I completely understand, and yes if you can get some pictures post them, I am curious to see a comparison of 400 vs 1000 scale.
        --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

Comment

I have this boxed set available if this interests you ?
          http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabas...iew-13711.html
          http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabas...iew-13712.html
          http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabas...iew-13713.html

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X