When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can not add a plane to collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can not add a plane to collection

I'm trying to add a sixth plane; I'm embarrassed i can't figure out how. http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/23888
    I usually just click the
    I Have it
    but won't show my sixth one in my collection, what am i doing wrong?

BTW curios to know if having this many of the same model affects in the popularity incorrectly? Does it count as six or just one for the member who has it? It would skew things if a person had 10 of a model, say a retailer & to much lesser degree a collector.
    --

I will try to replicate this; there is no limit on how many models of a specific type can be added to a collection. in my testing i easily added 15 of the same model to my collection.

You are trying to add 6 of one model correct?

The MPS score is weighted, so it will affect popularity - and it should. If you bought 6 of a model, well that means there is a higher demand. Whether it is 1 person or 6 people buying those 6 models; the fact of the matter is, 6 have been collected.

Comment

Now that i look at your collection, you do have it in there many times.. you have it in about 12 times:

can you verify you see more than 6 in your collection? they may not all be bunched together. Set your collection preferences to sort by Airline; then see if they are all bunched together.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
        Now that i look at your collection, you do have it in there many times.. you have it in about 12 times: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...fleetlordatvar can you verify you see more than 6 in your collection? they may not all be bunched together. Set your collection preferences to sort by Airline; then see if they are all bunched together.
        I posted pic to show my filter by airline & there is more than six; for unknown reason it breaks after five then list five more.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n279[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]n280[/ATTACH]
        --

Comment

Hi, I'm having issues add custom models, is there a limit to how many you can add ?

Comment

Originally posted by fleetlordatvar View Post
            Now that i look at your collection, you do have it in there many times.. you have it in about 12 times: [URL="http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collection/fleetlordatvar"]http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...fleetlordatvar[/URL="http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collection/fleetlordatvar"] can you verify you see more than 6 in your collection? they may not all be bunched together. Set your collection preferences to sort by Airline; then see if they are all bunched together.
            I posted pic to show my filter by airline & there is more than six; for unknown reason it breaks after five then list five more. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n279[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]n280[/ATTACH]
            Set a secondary sort. The reason you are seeing them separated is that it is first sorting by airline, then it is sorting by the date you added them. So if say you sorted by Airline, then aircraft registration you should see them all together in the list.

Originally posted by Ukrainian_Falcons View Post
            Hi, I'm having issues add custom models, is there a limit to how many you can add ?
            What issues are you having? There is no limit to the # of custom models. I see that you have 8 added so far. Can you explain what happens if you try to add more? I need some more specifics. Thank you.
            --

Comment

I had 7 imported models, I was trying to add another 4 manually and after I added the first new model, it wouldnt save anymore there after

Comment

I had 7 imported models, I was trying to add another 4 manually and after I added the first new model, it wouldnt save anymore there after
                Ok just so i understand this; you imported 7 with our import system. Correct? And we are speaking of custom models; not regular models correct?

To add another custom model; go to your custom model page: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/custom

In the top right there is a "Add Custom Model". Click that and fill out the forms; then click Add Custom Model at the bottom. Is this what you are doing?

I also just added a fix to the code. If you were using ^, & $, ' or " in any of the fields, the save of the new model would have failed. So i made that correction and it should work much better now.

Comment

Correct on all counts.

Edit: ok, I was using " in the description, it still doesn't accept it but I've since removed the " and it works and I've been able to add more to my list.

Cheers

Comment

Correct on all counts. Edit: ok, I was using " in the description, it still doesn't accept it but I've since removed the " and it works and I've been able to add more to my list. Cheers
                    Can you try it again, i've been able to successfully add

"test"

to all fields

Comment

Originally posted by Ops Manager View Post
                      Originally posted by fleetlordatvar View Post
                      Now that i look at your collection, you do have it in there many times.. you have it in about 12 times: [URL="http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collection/fleetlordatvar"]http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...fleetlordatvar[/URL="http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collection/fleetlordatvar"] can you verify you see more than 6 in your collection? they may not all be bunched together. Set your collection preferences to sort by Airline; then see if they are all bunched together.
                      I posted pic to show my filter by airline & there is more than six; for unknown reason it breaks after five then list five more. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n279[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]n280[/ATTACH]
                      Set a secondary sort. The reason you are seeing them separated is that it is first sorting by airline, then it is sorting by the date you added them. So if say you sorted by Airline, then aircraft registration you should see them all together in the list...

all GOOD :cool: I didn't know about the date being a factor in showing my collection.
                      --

Comment

Originally posted by fleetlordatvar
                        all GOOD :cool: I didn't know about the date being a factor in showing my collection.
                        We have to use some sort of sort if the user doesn't select anything in their preferences. It doesn't use your date entered, it actually uses the order that you added them. By you setting date as your 2nd sort category, it will move the order the 3rd sort.

Comment

Correct on all counts. Edit: ok, I was using " in the description, it still doesn't accept it but I've since removed the " and it works and I've been able to add more to my list. Cheers
                          Can you try it again, i've been able to successfully add "test" to all fields
                          Tried it again and it still won't add. I was trying to add "test" in the comments

Comment

Can you try it again, i've been able to successfully add "test" to all fields
                            Tried it again and it still won't add. I was trying to add "test" in the comments
                            Can you tell me exactly what you are putting in each field? You are trying to do a custom model correct?
                            --

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X