When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feature Request: Automated 'want list' removal when adding model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: Automated 'want list' removal when adding model

Hello,

Great progress as always on the database guys, I really like it. One small feature request that would save a lot of time: if a model is on a user's "Want List" and subsequently the model is added to that user's collection, it would be nice if it would be automatically removed from the Want List. Barring that, I would think that it would be nice to be able to "toggle" the Want List option on/off in the Model Details page. Currently, multiple clicks on "I Want It" simply add additional entries to the want list, which I don't find particularly useful (possibly someone else does?).

How about a button to move a model from the want list to a collection? that may be better; if we auto remove from a want list, then people who are collecting multiple of the same model (there are people that do that) would be pretty upset if we removed them w/out asking.

Multiple clicks of "I Want it' is designed that way, so you can have more than one want for a model. The idea here of the design is that you get the red X and "Want it?" if you don't have it in your list, and you get the green checkmark and the "I Want it!" if it is in your want list.
    --

Comment

I think a move button would be a good compromise, yes. Thanks for your hard work!

Comment

Wish is granted, but we figured we could do one better:
        1. Click the icon in your trade or collection and it will switch it back and forth between collection and trade lists.
        2. Click the icon in your trade or collection and it will switch on/off the privacy of the model
        3. Trade list will now respect your sort preferences

--

Comment

Hmm...I see the icons you mention in the Trade list, but unless I'm missing something I'm not seeing anything different for the Want list. I've refreshed browser and killed cache and all I can see there are the Edit and Trash icons as before.

Comment

Whoops! I coded it for move between trade and collection, not want and collection! My bad! i'll code that up later today/tomorrow! Lol.. boy i feel stupid!
            --

Comment

No worries! Thanks again for all the work on the site. :)

Comment

Ok it was easy to code, here it is:
                1. Want list to Collection Move - Click the icon in your Want List - it will ask you if you want to move the model to your collection. once you accept, it will remove it from you Want list, move it to your Collection and give you the option to edit the details about your purchase and model.
                2. Trade to Collect/Collect to Trade - Click the icon in your trade or collection and it will switch it back and forth between collection and trade lists.
                3. Private On/Off - Click the icon in your trade or collection and it will switch on/off the privacy of the model
                4. Trade list will now respect your sort preferences

--

Comment

Works perfectly, thanks! I like the checkered flag - "I win!" haha :D

Comment

very good stuff, I'm relieved to finally see this icon/ option :lol: Given my recent purchased i can update my want list:exclamation:
                    --

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X