Selecting the 'Collect' option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selecting the 'Collect' option

I'm not sure if this problem only afflicts me; however, whenever I select 'Collect' my Safari session freezes and I have no option but to close and restart Safari. Interestingly, I can access my collection via the 'My Profile' selection under my user name in the top right-hand corner, then select 'Collection'; but there is not the same functionality that I would have available if I chose the 'Collect' option. As I said, this may be a problem specific to me. Any ideas?
    --
    'Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.' - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

maybe it's not really frozen but just busy loading all the thumbnails and logos. I disabled photos and logos on the preferences page and can now browse much faster through my collection, even with 250 models per page.

Comment

I'm pretty confident that it's not busy loading as I have a fast connection, besides it seems to load everything instantaneously when I navigate to 'My Collection' via my username as noted above. Also, I can't change the preferences as they are only available on the 'Collect' page. Thanks for the advice though.
      --
      'Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.' - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Comment

ok, sorry, no idea what else could be the problem. Maybe try with another browser.

Comment

Actually you just helped. I opened up Parallels and then opened DIMA in Internet Explorer. I then opened 'Collect' (which worked), then changed my preferences to reduce the number of models shown per page to 50, then logged out. I then reopened Safari, reopened DIMA, selected 'Collect' and it worked a treat. Thanks!
          --

Comment

glad to hear that it works now! :)

Comment

Collection from your profile is 100% different than your collection from the "collection" tab at the top.
              The list from the profile is your PUBLIC list, that is the URL you can give to anyone to view your collection. When you click collection in the tab, it loads your collection management screen. Please turn back on the logos, photos, etc and test with another browser. Safari may have a bug, we've never been impressed with it. Thanks!
              --

Comment

Originally posted by Ops Manager View Post
                Safari may have a bug, we've never been impressed with it. Thanks!
                Your mileage varies ;-)

Safari loads my collection tab just fine (@50 models per page), but freezes on the want list (30 or so items). :-(

Comment

• Ops Manager
                  Ops Manager commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Strange, the implementation of both pages is nearly identical. Does the want list load with fewer items?

Bottom Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X