Diecast Model Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diecast Model Storage

So I am way beyond the point of running out of space and need to find a storage solution, other than my home. I have heard that it's important that the storage temperature is not too high as that has adverse affects on some of the paint on the planes...and I live in Arizona where it's way hot in the summer!
    I'm thinking of getting a storage space, probably climate controlled. Is that a good idea? Does anyone else do this?
    Or does anyone else have a better idea?
    Thanks!

Hi
    Do you have any family/friends that live in cooler climes? If they had the space and if you visited every now'n'then, you could ask them if they'd look after some of your collection and rotate the models on your visits.
    I too have a collection in AZ but a much larger collection elsewhere, cooler. One day I'll be able to unite the two parts. Right now they're on two different continents!
    Dave
    --
    Dave

Comment

I consider myself lucky not to be in your situation yet. That being said, i think a storage unit would be just fine. Get a few deep containers pop them in, then stack them together and throw an old bed sheet over the top. A
      --
      John

Comment

Nice topic. What temperature is too high?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X