Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since Wings900 and DAC have banned me... I'll take up residency here...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I'm back! And i bring what might be news. I don't know how many of you have followed the development over at W900 lately, but right now everything seems to be back to normal. Everything is calm, but that might just be because there is less activity these days.

    And i personally haven't seen anything from MAS Media lately. Looks like they've skipped town, so to speak.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Stockholm_flyer View Post
      I'm back! And i bring what might be news. I don't know how many of you have followed the development over at W900 lately, but right now everything seems to be back to normal. Everything is calm, but that might just be because there is less activity these days.

      And i personally haven't seen anything from MAS Media lately. Looks like they've skipped town, so to speak.
      So if by normal you mean logos that still cease to function, a database that is horribly out of date and other functions that are still broken, then that isn't news... thats the new norm over there. Remember Mas Media said when they kicked me out that they would fix the broken profiles and then work to fix the other items. Have they? yeah, didn't think so.

      Comment


      • #48
        As an observer I find it interesting that people come to DIMA to complain about DAC and W900, but don't stay here and make significant contributions HERE.
        Dima is so much better. All it needs is more people to post.

        You guys can contribute so much. Don't just use DIMA to complain about the Wings 900 sites. Please join the other collectors here to make a positive contribution here.

        Or do you like the drama of DAC and W900?
        I find some of the posts and internal politics there disturbing.
        The moderation there is non-existent or either ineffective or condoning of their loudest members actions, so why stay there?

        I can understand that one looks in there now and then to see what is reported there that is not yet mentioned here. But nothing stops you from starting a similar discussion here.

        Prosper through participation.... at Dima. :-)
        --

        Comment


        • #49
          Couldn't have said it better... so I can't post over there, so how do we get the users here?

          Comment


          • #50
            I see two fronts.

            The first front - "The Home front":
            For those who can't post OR who do not want to support those sites, they can help to make DIMA better by just getting involved more here. What DIMA needs is knowledgeable people and good discussions (there can be different views, but in a civilized manner).

            I don't see myself as too knowledgeable about the models. In fact, to borrow a saying from another collector I once read (and adjust a bit to fit my criteria) "If you slap a SAA badge on something which looks like an airplane, then I will probably buy it." I also don't currently have the space to display any of my models, so I can't post images of my growing collection, but I see others do and it is wonderful to see it.
            I keep on collecting in the hope of one day displaying my ahem 'toys' for all the world to see.

            The second front - "The Foreign Front"
            For those who do participate on the other forums, they can at the minimum, add the DIMA "Collection Graphic / Forum Signature" to their profiles signatures. They can also now and then punt DIMA as a good place for storing collections. Then, if people come here to create their collection database, and they happen to see a vibrant forum going on the "Home front", then they might just feel the urge to stay here and help to build Dima. We all found Dima in similar ways, so it is possible.

            What DIMA is lacking is more interaction on the home front. There are already a couple of good people here, but we need to get more people more involved here.

            So if you see something you want to discuss, then start a thread. It might seem a bit slow at first with few responses, but that is the only way to get the snowball effect going. People will join and sooner rather than later we will have a vibrant community. (I do secretly hope that it will not become like the other sites and that people will act differently here. I might be deluding myself though on how people interact on Internet forums. I do hope moderation here will stop that behaviour before it gets out of hand).

            But this is just my view. I am sure a lot of collectors here can come up with brilliant ideas to grow Dima.

            The database here IS great. The administration of Dima IS top notch.

            It is now up to us as the collectorate to build further on the solid foundation.
            --

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Flight Director View Post

              So if by normal you mean logos that still cease to function, a database that is horribly out of date and other functions that are still broken, then that isn't news... thats the new norm over there. Remember Mas Media said when they kicked me out that they would fix the broken profiles and then work to fix the other items. Have they? yeah, didn't think so.

              Pretty much. That's why it's such a shame to think that things are back to what is now normal.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by eugenevh View Post
                As an observer I find it interesting that people come to DIMA to complain about DAC and W900, but don't stay here and make significant contributions HERE.
                Dima is so much better. All it needs is more people to post.

                You guys can contribute so much. Don't just use DIMA to complain about the Wings 900 sites. Please join the other collectors here to make a positive contribution here.

                Or do you like the drama of DAC and W900?
                I find some of the posts and internal politics there disturbing.
                The moderation there is non-existent or either ineffective or condoning of their loudest members actions, so why stay there?

                I can understand that one looks in there now and then to see what is reported there that is not yet mentioned here. But nothing stops you from starting a similar discussion here.

                Prosper through participation.... at Dima. :-)
                AMEN! Thank you for pointing this out.

                Comment

                Unconfigured Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X