When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your home airport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AvGeek
    replied
    Near JNB, I see a good amount of aircraft.

Leave a comment:

• ArnoldC
    replied
    Eppley Airfield, Omaha, Nebraska for me. IATA: OMA. I'm residing in Texas (Houston) now. Eppley is touchstone to my hometown and home state.

OMA is also hub for my 1:400 die cast regional airline, Platte River Scheduled Airlines (aka PRSA). Virtual, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Yurii
    replied
    I was born at Castle AFB in 1970 and from then until 1984 I lived in A****er and Merced, California then moved to Eugene, Oregon and been here ever since (except for service in the Army and a few short railroad jobs in other states).

1970-1984 Home airports
    Castle AFB (MER/KMER)
    Merced Municipal/Macready Field (MCE)

1984-2022
    Eugene - Mahlon Sweet Field (EUG/KEUG)

I miss growing up near Castle Air Force Base, from my junior high playground/sports fields in Merced, you could watch B-52G's, B-52H's and KC-135A's on approach for touch-and-go's at the air base, with occasional C-141B's and C-5B's arriving.

Leave a comment:

• ajgamio
    replied
    Salt lake City International is my current airport. Moved to Utah from Chandler, Arizona in Oct 2020, just as they opened the new SLC terminal and concourses. I feel lucky to have a nice new Airport to fly in/out of, and they are adding new international flights, so it's getting there I do miss Sky Harbor and Mesa Gateway airports, utilized those two for 17 years ✈️

Leave a comment:

• FireAngelZero
    replied
    I am currently based near Bradley Intl' Airport near Hartford, CT but my "home" airport will always be San Juan's "Luis Munoz Marin Intl Airport" in Puerto Rico.

Leave a comment:

• Groover
    replied
    I'm currently based in Canberra, Australia. Canberra Airport is my home airport and has a pretty good social media presence. (https://www.facebook.com/canberraairport/) (https://www.instagram.com/canberra_airport/)

Leave a comment:

• Casey99
    replied
    I’m in London, so take you’re pick of Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton or even London city. Between all of them, you get almost everything you would want to see! Except there’s no blue angels like Cap10CJ! Closest thing to that we’ve got is the F-15’s up at Lakenheath.
    Good idea to get the chat going on here though. Way too quiet!

Leave a comment:

• cesarut
    replied
    Hi. I am in Bogota, Colombia. I used to work at the concessionaire of El Dorado International Airport (BOG / SKBO), my "home" airport, which normally has very interesting material, specially if you love freighters, like: Aerosucre's B727 & B737, LAS (Lineas Aéreas Suramericanas) B727, & Transcarga A300. Moreover, you can see Qatar Cargo B772, Turkish Cargo B772, DHL & Fedex B757 & B763, Cargolux B747-8, KLM Cargo B744, Avianca Cargo A332, Latam B767, and so on. On the other hand, before covid times, on a daily basis there could be seen Aviancas of many kinds: A318, A319, A320, A321, A332 & B787, plus Iberia A346 & now A350, LH A343 & A346, KLM B789, Turkish B789, Latam B788 & B789, AA B737max8, B772, A319, Delta B757 & B767, United B737, Jetblue A320, Spirit A319 & A320, Copa B738, etc., etc., etc., which now are less seen. However, happilly the traffic has been increasing last weeks. Greetings from the northernmost point of South America!

Leave a comment:

• searchlight557
    replied
    MIA via AVP

Leave a comment:

• bryanstim
    replied
    PHX - Phoenix Sky Harbor. I'm just a 10 minute drive from the terminal (but not in rush hour!). Flight path is just south and north of my home. I am also just 10 minutes from where Airliners International will hold their annual event in Tempe in July.

Leave a comment:

• EuroReisen
    replied
    PWM - Portland, Maine. As a kid I would go to the airport and watch Northeast DC-3's, DC-6's, Vicounts, and later (in yellowbird colors) FH-227's, DC-9's and B-727's. After graduation from college (The very next day!) I started with Northeast Airlines as a Ramp Agent. That same year Northeast Airlines was merged into Delta Air Lines. One year later, I became one of the first Delta Stewards... There was no such non-gender word as "Flight Attendant" then. (That came 3 or 4 years later) I flew for 35 years until I retired. I still go to PWM occasionally, during a lunch break, and sit in my car in the observation area on the South Portland side of the runway... just like when I was a kid!

Leave a comment:

• kaitak
    replied
    Well, it doesn't get much more boring than Cork! Especially right now in these Covid times. Only a couple of movements a day.
    In better times probably a couple of dozen primarily Aer Lingus A320s and ATR72s as well as Ryanair B738s. Air France, KLM, Swiss and Iberia came in several times a week, though not daily, with the smaller types in their fleets.
    Currently the most exciting thing is a weekdays-only day-stopper from/to Leipzig, a Condor B763 operating a freighter flight for DHL. Boy, does that look big!
    Hopefully the missing flights will be reinstated if and when all this Covid business is past us.

Leave a comment:

• cruzsergio
    replied
    I work at the Miami International Airport!

Many cool airplanes have arrived there!

Leave a comment:

• RSR934
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, it's trying at times!

• Cap10CJ
    replied
    Originally posted by RSR934 View Post
    I work in Maryland, but technically live in the San Francisco Bay area, so my "home" airports are BWI and OAK.
    Now that's what I call a commute!

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X