model airport exhibition in hamburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model airport exhibition in hamburg

I've heard the world's largest model airport is in hamburg. It apparently uses magnets beneath the surface to move airplanes around and is completely lit and so on. Has anybody here been there to see it?

I haven't seen it myself. One item on my bucket list.
    But do yourself a favour and search for "Knuffingen airport" in youtube. There are plenty of videos.
    It looks amazing.
    --

Comment

The airport is located in the Miniatur Wunderland, the world largest model train layout. One of the themes is the airport. It is in scale 1/87 (aka HO). Google it to find pictures. There is also a magazine with a lot of pictures of the airport. I will post more information about that mag. soon. By the way, the airport is called KNUFFELINGEN FLUGHAFEN / AIRPORT

Comment

The hamburg airport seems to imply they have something similar at the airport. is that something different?
        Did they make their own planes in 1/87 scale?

Comment

Originally posted by foundation View Post
          The hamburg airport seems to imply they have something similar at the airport. is that something different? Did they make their own planes in 1/87 scale?
          According to the magazine, the planes are scale 1:100 but you don't really notice the difference.

Comment

I've seen many videos of it & I have it on my bucket list!
            --

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X