When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/400 scale Kona International Airport Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/400 scale Kona International Airport Build

Hello Everyone,

I started this project about a month ago and wanted to start a build thread for everyone to follow if they are interested. This airport is based in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii; also known as Kona International Airport (KOA). I started with a 20"x30" foam core poster board. I cut the poster board in half to create two 20"x15" boards and laid them side by side. I designed the hut like buildings using Sketchup and had them 3d printed on Shapeways. Terminals 1 and 2 will have the buildings laid out in the exact same way. I also grabbed some z scale palm trees from a local hobby shop that carries them, I will need a lot more. I drew the taxi line with a yellow paint pen using google maps as a template to get a start. I also used many of my models to get the spacing correct.

This is still very much a work in progress. I still have lots to paint and build till it is completed.

Hopefully will have another update soon.

Looking good Maurice. The stairs are interesting - do they use unusual stairs like those in Hawaii?
    --
    http://yesterdaysairlines.weebly.com/

Comment

• Maurice Bollhorn
      Maurice Bollhorn commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. At Kona they use a ramp system rather than stairs or gates, from the research I have done. It is adjustable so it works for almost all airplanes.

Very nice, I do like the livery.

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X