When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1:200 Airport Layout/Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1:200 Airport Layout/Setup

So, years ago (7 or 8) I started creating what would be the start of a 1:200 airport setup. I had created some runway pieces (there's a post on here with pics of those started pieces). However, those have since been lost/destroyed/thrown out in a situation beyond my control.

I'm curious if anyone has tried to model their own stuff. I know that there are printable layouts and what not. But, I had actually started stuff from scratch using building materials and had scaled stenciling on them for painting and design. I had used cement fiber board that is used in home construction for fascia and siding as a base for my runway piece. Worked really well considering what it is. Not overly smooth, but it has good rigidity.

My goal is to start trying to go that route again for a display layout and setup for my models.

Hopefully some of you out there are like me and want to do some creation on your own.
    --
    Never trust a helicopter under 50! Phrogs Phorever!

Previous attempt at 1:200 scale airport stuff

So, I had been wanting to figure out a way to make a base for a scale "airport" for my 1:200 models, or at least an apron, tarmac, or flight line to display a
    --
    Never trust a helicopter under 50! Phrogs Phorever!

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X