This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve K's 1:500 scale airport at CAMaus

Love this, inspirational. Nothing like having your models in a realistic setting. Once i grad from uni in a yr it will be definately one of those "to do" hobby thing, in 1:400 scale (as that's what i collect).

Hi all;

A few years ago Steve built an airport display for Collectors Aircraft Models Australia, which are located in the suburb of Braybrook in Melbourne. I'm not sure of many of the details so I'll hand it over to the builder from here. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Otherwise, here are the pictures;

Thanks for looking. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
    --
    Cheers, Mike - My collection of 126 Models, Check out the photo thread here.

Comment

Great looking model airport!!!
      --
      www.sydneyaviationshop.com

Comment

I've seen it many times, it's a work of art. Well done Steve.

Comment

Yeah i agree! It is a real beauty, and i always look at it when i am in CAMau. Alot of effort went into it.
          --
          John

Comment

What a suprise seeing it here, well its my pride and joy, and this May will mark 10 years since i did it!!!! An engineering marvel in itself as pieces made here were shipped over in advance, then assembled on site in 2 days!!! took about 6 weeks to do buildings etc, Herpa did terminals, car parks etc, a logistical nightmare as im 650km away, and no PC back then, so all was done by fax, figures etc to enable completion/fitting!! A challenge, but we got there!!!
            Its 1/500 sc, measures 3.6m x1.5m= 1.8km x 750m in real life. It came about from the first one i did, just inside the door, in 98, since changed, not mine, I said at the time to Robert it would be nice to do something really bigggg!!! and ultimately we did!!!
            --
            Collector of aircraft, truck, car and earthmover models

Comment

I love seeing the pictures of this particular model airport... really looks alive to me.
              --
              Jason

Comment

After I left, things got moved!!! Control tower from terminal building to next to fire station!! I had no control over that, but still an amazing display and had the time, and lived in Melb, she would be a lot better!!!! Time was not on my side, so it all had to happen and quick, must say the crew @ CAM AU were fantastic, great people and im look forward to a reunion there this year!!!

##Most sincere thanks to Michael, for the photos posted!!!!!!!!!! Great stuff mate and really appreciated!!! A real suprise to see them again, and hope it inspires others to have a go at a diorama!!!!!</font>
                Edited by: steve k
                --

Comment

Sing out for help if needed!! As Cam Aust owner was heavily into 1/500, hence the scale, the main reaon why it was done in 500! Was a joy to do as 500 sc is a lot easier as you show a lot more in the space constraints, 400 is 20% bigger, so a lot would be lost had it been done in that scale, for the shop, it was ideal and to this day im most proud of it!!
                  --

Comment

Looks great. I just wish I had the space to build one. Very hard to do. would need a 3 bedroom apt just to build an airport. The second bedroom is my office.

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X