When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manchester Airport UK 1:400

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester Airport UK 1:400

Its a really excellant model Martin, one of the best I've ever seen, especially as I know what Manchester looks like! Did you sell it? I'm sure the aviation centre at Manchester would love to have this if you ever chose to part with it.
    --
    Andy (AKA Ryanairflyer)

Just thought i would show some of the pictures taken when i had this airport built in my attic, unfortunately i no longer have it as house alterations needed to be made. Some of you will have seen them before, but this is for those who hav'nt.

--
    Martin

Comment

Originally posted by MAC Admin

Its a really excellant model Martin, one of the best I've ever seen, especially as I know what Manchester looks like! Did you sell it? I'm sure the aviation centre at Manchester would love to have this if you ever chose to part with it.
      It all got broke up Andy, because it was built into the attic there was'nt a way of dissmantling without damaging it. I will build another in my new room, but not as big as that one.
      --
      Martin

Comment

That looked great. I really like how you had the lights with it. That must have taken some time to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Aviation Delight
          That looked great. I really like how you had the lights with it. That must have taken some time to do.
          It sure did Mark, i think i used either 6 or 8 coloured led's which in turn lit 16 strands of fibre optic to each one, that was a lot of holes that had to be drilled, plus about 10 12v Dolls House bulbs for the buildings and another 25 for the apron lights.
          --
          Martin

Comment

That's just so cool, Martin. Been stored somewhere I trust???
            --
            Mike

Comment

That airportis a real beauty.. I love how you have done the night set up with the lights etc! You even added all the rubber, brake marks on the taxiway. All that extra detail really sets it off. Great work Martin.
              --
              John

Comment

WOW Martin, this is awesome. Lighting truly does add life to the diorama. How long did this one take to build? Can wait to see you new airport.
                --
                Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Polynesian Airlines
                  WOW Martin, this is awesome. Lighting truly does add life to the diorama. How long did this one take to build? Can wait to see you new airport.
                  Hi Jason, it took about 6 months on and off, not quite sure what i'll make next time, but it will probably use the "Photo" ground foil (like the type Jesus makes) and probably 50's / 60's era.
                  --
                  Martin

Comment

Good luck with it I just wish I ad the room to make an airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Aviation Delight
                      Good luck with it I just wish I ad the room to make an airport.
                      Next time Mark i'll make it in sections and use photography to make it look full size, the ground foil i use at the moment is only 1m sq, and i'll be showing some of the ways i use it in my picture thread.
                      --
                      Martin

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X