KJSF - Jose Silva International Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJSF - Jose Silva International Airport

I wanted to post an airport shot of my diorama (since there haven't been that many updates in general). This airport is called Jose Silva Figueroa International airport (in memory of my grandfather who would always take me plane spotting when I was younger). This airport is located between Boston Logan and JFK in New York. This fictional airport serves as an international hub for the Western Mass/Hartford CT area. This update will be focusing on a small amount of skyteam jets I have aquired over the last few months... Enjoy!

IMG_20141205_234804 by fireangelzero, on Flickr

IMG_20141205_234816 by fireangelzero, on Flickr

IMG_20141205_234757 by fireangelzero, on Flickr

IMG_20141205_234747 by fireangelzero, on Flickr

IMG_20141205_234728 by fireangelzero, on Flickr

IMG_20141205_234017nopm by fireangelzero, on Flickr

IMG_20141205_233527nopm by fireangelzero, on Flickr

IMG_20141205_234829 by fireangelzero, on Flickr
    --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

Very nice! I like the row of windows, did you make that yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by foundation View Post
      Very nice! I like the row of windows, did you make that yourself?
      Thanks Foundation, yes I made this all by myself. I am purchasing the Air/Ground Terminal set before the end of the year, so I had made this last year as a temporary solution. All I did was cut a 2x4 in half, glued the two halves together and stuck a printout of the windows I found online. Thanks though, glad you enjoyed the pictures.
      --

Comment

I have been thinking about building my own airports and planning where to do it, and there's always the problem of backgrounds. so for my own thought processes I just did a quick photoshop hack to see what it looks like when you drop a sky in to the background. It's not perfect but with more than 30 seconds it might work better. Anyway, I hope you aren't offended, don't mean to imply you need a different background, just experimenting.
        Attached Files

Comment

Not at all Foundation! This is amazing. I should just have you add these types of backgrounds to my pictures! I do want to add a background to my airport. But in my living situation my airport doesn't have a permanent fixture so it would be hard to move a piece of wood where my airport is stuck to plus to place a background as well. This photoshop hack is very good though Foundation. Again I should just e-mail you my pictures when I take them and have you add a background to them!
          --

Comment

I like that you used fabric to hide any distracting details in the background. You could take it a step further and get a roll of white butcher paper (ikea sells a small roll for a couple bucks) or brown craft paper.

Comment

I'll have to look into doing that then Foundation. The fabric was just in the way when I put the airport down. My job sells brown craft paper, I may have to grab a roll of it to at least have a blank background. Once I have a permanent fixture I want to print out and add a sky to the airport. But again this airport is still a work in progress, so I'll have many more improvements to come during the next few months.
              --

Comment

These are ambitious projects, I admire the dedication FireAngel. I made a smaller int'l terminal using many of the same techniques and foils you did (I also created a fictitious international airport based on a large underutilized airport in my local area). Sadly the humidity has caused the foils on said diorama to bubble up and ultimately destroyed them, but I did manage to get a year's worth of photographs. Some good, some not so good.. The Gemini Jet Bridges drove me crazy - they are really fragile.

I'm happy for you re: the planned purchase of a GJ Terminal. I'd love to have on. it's just not in the budget for me right now.. But maybe I'll sell some other toys and free up the cash

Very nice tribute to your grandfather btw. My father also used to take me to Imperial Hill when I was little. We would watch the planes for hours on end.

Comment

Here's an shot with my "OneWorld" jets guys! Hope you enjoy!

20141214_135936

20141214_135946
                  --

Comment

That's a nice AA fleet you've got lined up there. I see you also succeeded in finding a LAN 767.

Comment

• foundation
                      foundation commented
                      Editing a comment
                      indeed cool fleet

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X