When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a model airport 1;400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a model airport 1;400

Have just burnt my boats and bought a Pan-Am Boeing 747SP in 1;400 scale. All I need now is an airport that has more than 8 parking spots. As I see things right now I don't need one, but six of them to help fill my table which is 6 feet 7 inches long X 4 feet 6 inches wide. Has anyone got any ideas about this? I like loads of others, am looking for Gemini's airport GJARPTA, without any success, so if anyone knows where I might find one, I'd love to hear from you, but I'm not holding my breath.

You could always try these guys for the layout: http://airport-diorama-designs.com/
    --
    http://yesterdaysairlines.weebly.com/

Comment

Thanks for the advise. I'll maybe use them as a last resort if push comes to shove. In the meantime I'll keep looking.

Comment

Hi, another good option could be "No Point Airport".
        Cheers!
        display, webshop, diorama, airport, aviation, groundfoil, buildingkit, cardboard, bausätze, maßstab, scale, 1:400, 1:500, aircraft, hangar, jetbridge, terminal, cargo, bodenfolie, 1:200
        --
        Regards - Saludos - Grüsse

Comment

Greetings. I've already found what I've been looking for for ages. I've managed to locate and buy the Gemini jets airport GJARPTA, big money, but it's what I've wanted for a very long time. Many thanks for your time.

Comment

Congratulations Geoff. I've wanted one of those for a long time too. I hope you'll post some pictures of your diorama when it's done.

Comment

Thank you for your kind message of congratulations, it's very much appreciated, I'll be only too happy to put up some photos of it when it arrives from France in due course.

Comment

However long due course is. At this moment am STILL waiting and the seller has no idea where it is, because he can't find a tracking number. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Am STILL waiting for my terminal to arrive from France. I bought it on 3/3/2015 and despite my efforts to find where it might be, so far, no joy.

Comment

Well, at last my terminal finally arrived. Most impressive it is too, now that customs and excise have finished their poking around, breaking bits off here and there,including the roof of building(?) No 2. All's well right now, except for one VERY BIG problem. Nowhere can I find an airport ground foil that does not cost an arm and a leg to buy i.e approx. $150. Surely someone somewhere can point me in the right direction? O.K. you may say that I put the cart before the horse. How was I to know that there was no ground foil for for this terminal, I was under the impression that there was one with it, but have since found out that was never the case. It would seem now that flavour of the month size wise is now 1;200, in which case you must all live in huge houses if the size of my J.A.L. B 747-400 (scale 1;250) is anything to go by. Your comments good, bad or indifferent, are welcome.

Comment

Got the airport terminal. All I need now is the ground foils(s) for it. Harder said than done it seems, so I'm throwing it all out as a complete waste of my time and money

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X