When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Development: Fantasy Airport

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Development: Fantasy Airport

I wiill be watching this develop with great interest Adam, its coming together well mate!!!!
    Keep up the good work!!!
    --
    Collector of aircraft, truck, car and earthmover models

Hello friends of Modelaircraftcommunity,<div></div><div>I am here today to share with you my new airport that has taken me around 2 months to construct. Ok so it's not the best but I wanted to create something better than my old airports, take my time with it, and include an area for GA aircraft.</div><div></div><div>Here are the stages of making...</div><div></div><div>If you like this, I will carry on to post more photo's since the official opening, If you have any questions/ comments/ criticism, feel free to PM me or post a reply on here...</div><div></div><div>1) Buying the MDF board and marking out the plans in pencil</div><div></div><div></div><div>2) Painting the taxiways, I then decided it would be easier to paint the whole board</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>3) Marking the taxiway lines</div><div></div><div></div><div>4) Constructing the stand markings and making AirportDesigns' card structures</div><div></div><div></div><div>5) A lot of unrolling, cutting, gluing for the grass</div><div></div><div></div><div>6) Marking on other ground markings and adding extra accessories...</div><div></div><div></div><div></div>
    --
    Beatles fan!

Comment

Looking good Adam, glad you found your way back.
      --
      Martin

Comment

That's taking shape very nicely Adam. Keep the updates coming. Is it 1/500 or 1/400 scale?
        --
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by amesmj
          Looking good Adam, glad you found your way back.
          <div></div><div>Thanks mate.</div>
          --
          Beatles fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly-Roger
            That's taking shape very nicely Adam. Keep the updates coming. Is it 1/500 or 1/400 scale?
            <div></div><div>Thanks my friend. It is 1/400 scale.</div><div></div><div>I have some new arrivals that should come by Friday next week. So I will post photo's tomorrow then post some photo's of the new arrivals.</div>
            --
            Beatles fan!

Comment

Great work Adam. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted on any updates.

Comment

Looking really really good mate! Keep up the good work!
                --
                John

Comment

Thanks everyone...<div></div><div>I have some more photo's with traffic now...</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div>
                  --
                  Beatles fan!

Comment

Very, very nice Adam. What are those 2 small aircraft in the bay with the Thompson 737?? Can't say I've ever come across them before. They certainly add to the scene.
                    --
                    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly-Roger

Very, very nice Adam. What are those 2 small aircraft in the bay with the Thompson 737?? Can't say I've ever come across them before. They certainly add to the scene.
                      <div></div><div>Hapag Lloyd 737 - but leased to Thomson [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]</div><div></div><div>Yes, they are Herpa 1/500 scale, from the herpa accessories range. A Cessna Citation and 172.</div>
                      --
                      Beatles fan!

Comment

great to see wing tip clearances have been maintained, you have done your homework, and it shows.
                        looks great mate, lots of potential, please continue to keep it "Real" and you wont go wrong
                        well done, im proud of your achievements!!!

--

Comment

Originally posted by steve k
                          great to see wing tip clearances have been maintained, you have done your homework, and it shows.
                          looks great mate, lots of potential, please continue to keep it "Real" and you wont go wrong
                          well done, im proud of your achievements!!!

<div></div><div>Thanks Steve. You must have been the first person i contacted when I first wanted to make an airport. You gave me some guidance that has given me this potential so all in all without you and others this would maybe not be here [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]</div>
                          --
                          Beatles fan!

Comment

me, and Adel T1, are both airside pple, adel t1 is the master as its his job regarding airside planning, so be confident, and heed the advice we give, and mate you will crack a winner for sure!!!
                            --

Comment

Today (28/06/2012) saw some usual traffic aswell as a special
                              arrival bringing back the England supporters from Poland back home after the
                              penalty defeat against Italy in the Euro 2012. It was also good to catch one of
                              the Bizjets in action...<div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div>
                              --
                              Beatles fan!

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X