This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1:200 Model Airport

Jase, Thats looking great mate, I can see the safety officers ute giving way to the 747, see you bought some more vehicles for the radway underpass, a very impressive diorama mate, looking realistic, taxiway spacings etc are realistic, overall verdict from me- at this stage of completenes, a sight for sore eyes, really looking great!
    --
    Collector of aircraft, truck, car and earthmover models

Hi all,

Thought id share some pics of my current model airport at this stage as well as some progress shots on the expansion project im working on.

Unfortunately I lack the space to build this airport in one big hit so have decided to building in sections which can be put together when such space becomes available.

Mainly used MDF board with foam board and will also for the first time be using evagreen plastic sheets.

Pics to come shortly....

Cheers.
    --
    Jason

Comment

Here are some pics of my airport.........
      [img]uploads/15/AirportModel1.jpg[/img]

--
      Jason

Comment

Here are some pics of the expansion project...

[img]uploads/15/DSCF15061.JPG[/img]

--
        Jason

Comment

A view from the proposed control tower.... window could do with some cleaning.
          [img]uploads/15/DSCF1508.JPG[/img]

--
          Jason

Comment

Originally posted by steve k
            Jase, Thats looking great mate, I can see the safety officers ute giving way to the 747, see you bought some more vehicles for the radway underpass, a very impressive diorama mate, looking realistic, taxiway spacings etc are realistic, overall verdict from me- at this stage of completenes, a sight for sore eyes, really looking great!
            Cheers mate,

Even tho it is a "fantasy airport" would still like to keep to some degree of realism. I got some great tips from Chris who did the overpass diorama in 400SH and combined with all your tips and advice these past years has lead to this creation.. with a bit of an imagination of my own haha.

--
            Jason

Comment

Heres a birds eye view mate, shes the spacing between these heavy metal flyers.

[img]uploads/15/P12-12-11_00-13.jpg[/img]

--
              Jason

Comment

Heres a thought Jase, get a tiny piece of plastic and create a flashing light unit on the Ute(Safety officer car) with one pinpoint flasher in the centre, painted flouro orange just at the ends, and an orange speck in the centre, the two outer light mainly used for runway etc inspection, the small pinpoint light for apron driving work so it wont dazzle pilots eyes!!!
                also find a decal sheet or similar with a number eg:1, that fits the front door from window line to door sill!!! There ya go an easy one to do BTW number in bold black!!!
                --

Comment

Originally posted by steve k
                  Heres a thought Jase, get a tiny piece of plastic and create a flashing light unit on the Ute(Safety officer car) with one pinpoint flasher in the centre, painted flouro orange just at the ends, and an orange speck in the centre, the two outer light mainly used for runway etc inspection, the small pinpoint light for apron driving work so it wont dazzle pilots eyes!!!
                  also find a decal sheet or similar with a number eg:1, that fits the front door from window line to door sill!!! There ya go an easy one to do BTW number in bold black!!!

Cheers for that mate, thats actually a pretty good idea. Ive seen some N gauge cars with working lights... im sure there will be something similar.
                  --
                  Jason

Comment

Just painted mate would be fine, can always do a real flasher one much later on down the track, doubt you get it to look real as bulbs would be too big, what i mention above, simple, and effective!!!
                    --

Comment

Yeah true that aye mate... ill definately do it for now.. and may even just stick with it.
                      --
                      Jason

Comment

Here is the third piece.. the runway. Im building the airport so that once complete all the sections will be placed to together to form one large model airport.

[img]uploads/15/Runway.jpg[/img]

--
                        Jason

Comment

LOOKING GOOD SO FAR JASON. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE FINISHED PRODUCT![img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
                          --
                          ROBERT

Comment

Where'd you get the jetways mate?

Comment

Originally posted by robertjon5

LOOKING GOOD SO FAR JASON. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE FINISHED PRODUCT![img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

<div ="msg">
                              Cheers mate, cant wait to finish it[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img].... im going to be taking my time with this one... going to get the big stuff done and then get into fine detailing.

</div>
                              --
                              Jason

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X