China's C919

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China's C919

Fortune magazine had an article a few months ago on the progress of China's C919, which will compete with the B737 and A320, and it looks like it will be a copy of the A320. Like Boeing and Airbus, the plane will be assembled from many different country's components. It will have automatic customers in China's government owned airlines, and Ryanair has expressed interest.

Sludge

I've seen some pictures online, it just seems like someone took an A320 fuselage, put a 787 avionics and cockpit window setup and put some DC-10/MD-11 doors on it. Frankenjet... It looks cool though, hopefully it will take off with customers wold wide and actually give airliners choices outside of the Big 2 manufacturers.

Edit: You can also notice they even took the naming convention from both big manufacturers, 919? Sounds like they got that off Boeing it would've been fine being the C91 or the C19 or even C1, but the numbering and model is very familiar. Oh well guess imitation is the best form of flattery
    --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by FireAngelZero View Post
      I've seen some pictures online, it just seems like someone took an A320 fuselage, put a 787 avionics and cockpit window setup and put some DC-10/MD-11 doors on it. Frankenjet... It looks cool though, hopefully it will take off with customers wold wide and actually give airliners choices outside of the Big 2 manufacturers.

Edit: You can also notice they even took the naming convention from both big manufacturers, 919? Sounds like they got that off Boeing it would've been fine being the C91 or the C19 or even C1, but the numbering and model is very familiar. Oh well guess imitation is the best form of flattery

The C stands for China, and Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China. Nine stands for forever in Chinese culture, and 19 stands for 190 seats.

Sludge

Comment

I WOULD buy a 1/200 version
        --

Comment

Thanks for the info Sludge, I now fully understand what the naming convention is. And I didn't realize that for this jet being from China, a lot of parts come from the United States. Ironic... American stuff says "Made In China" and now it seems like Chinese jets are mostly "Made in the USA"
          --

Comment

Originally posted by FireAngelZero View Post
            ... American stuff says "Made In China" and now it seems like Chinese jets are mostly "Made in the USA"
            China = cheat manufacturing
            USA = still best engineers because of liberty & freedom (draws the best from the world, until liberals take more away more liberties, illegal 32oz drinks is just the beginning)
            --

Comment

Oh man, I don't think we should get into a political rant on Sludge's thread Fleet, but I get what you mean, freedom and liberty will always encourage growth and potential, I just hope this jet proves itself in the skies, and that China gets into the aeronautical industry. Airbus and Boeing have been around for too long without competition.
              --

Comment

LOTI, i had to expain why. Speaking of A320, i just bought Air Inter model that i found dirt cheap; it arrived two weeks ago. The next epsd of Mayday tv series was about Air Inter crash on 20 January 1992. It deflated my delight @ getting it
                --

Comment

It looks like the bastard child of Dreamliner..

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X