When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many models in 1/200 do you have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many models in 1/200 do you have

How many military, civilian, or any other aviation models (kits, blimps, props, jets, helicopter, sea planes, etc) in 1/200 scale. It can be, interesting, enjoyable and or fun to see what you & others have collected. You can view what their collection looks like (if they have 1 filled out; I highly encourage you to do it!) and compare, share or pine .

You can even show off your collection via pics in the collection thread. I highly encourage you to post your
    Collection URL: from your preferences tab after selecting the collection tab or the DiMA Your Collection Graphic
    Note 1: old thread & poll was lost in cyberspace & it could not be retrieved.
    Note 2: if you are getting more in the next yr that would put you into the next bracket, then vote for that one to keep you current longer
    Note 3: if you are on the lower number end & getting many in the next yr or so, you can skip two or three brackets to keep you current longer
    1 - 10 models
    15.63%
    11 - 25 models
    18.75%
    26 - 50 models
    12.50%
    51 - 100 models
    25.00%
    101 - 200 models
    12.50%
    201 - 500 models
    3.13%
    501 - 700 models
    3.13%
    701 - 1000 models
    6.25%
    1000 - 1300 models
    0%
    1300+ models [REALY!?!]
    3.13%
    --

For those who didn't read the red notes, the previous poll & all it's comments were lost in cyberspace or accidentally deleted.
    --

Comment

Questions;
      • What month/ year did you start collecting 1/200 planes
      • Do you remember what the very first 1/200 u purchased
      • what was the cheapest
      • what was the most $$$
      • which one(s) would you say are your holy grail

--

Comment

I hereby declare i don't have much self control & compulsive spender I'm up to 850+ models & i have i huge box two large boxes & at least three normal boxes to open, but that's' because of the summer blow sale models finally arrived, YAY!
        Last edited by fleetlordatvar; 08-02-2014, 09:03 AM.
        --

Comment

Originally posted by fleetlordatvar View Post
          Questions;
          • What month/ year did you start collecting 1/200 planes
          • Do you remember what the very first 1/200 u purchased
          • what was the cheapest
          • what was the most $$$
          • which one(s) would you say are your holy grail
          - Started in March 2014.

- First purchase: Inflight200 CV-880, TWA.

- Cheapest: CP Air DC-3.

- Most expensive: Air Canada DC-8-63. I entered a maximum bid because I was at work, and the usual eBay morons kept bidding against me, even though it was 4x what it was worth.

- Holy Grail: I am quite fond of My British Airways Landor tristars. Also the Worldways DC-8 and Tristar I have. I flew on both of these aircraft back in the 80's.

--
          https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/signature/1757

CBL-->GFY

Comment

Originally posted by fleetlordatvar View Post
            I hereby declare i don't have much self control & compulsive spender I'm up to 850+ models & i have i huge box two large boxes & at least three normal boxes to open, but that's' because of the summer blow sale models finally arrived, YAY!
            Going to start my inventory very soon , wanted to do it earlier. I have my stickers to keep track of what's in my inventory & my inventory printed out. I hope i still haven't pass 900 but i doubt it, since i found ~20 cheaper military planes in EU.

I at least stayed under 900 last year, but w/ so many wanted models out in early 2015 i can't imagine i will stay under 900 before the summer is here, oh well... better than doing / selling drugs!
            --

Comment

• What month/ year did you start collecting 1/200 planes - Fall 2010
              • Do you remember what the very first 1/200 u purchased - Gemini Jets 1/200 Southwest Airlines 737 (Canyon Blue Livery)
              • what was the cheapest - $35 Gemini Jets 1/200 Continental 737-800
              • what was the most: $150 for AV200 Cathay Pacific 747
              • which one(s) would you say are your holy grail? Gemini Jets 1/200 Continental 757-200, Inflight 1/200 Continental 747-200 (Red Meatball)

Comment

• What month/ year did you start collecting 1/200 planes - Not sure exactly when I started collecting 1:200, but it was somewhere around 2002.
                • Do you remember what the very first 1/200 u purchased - I found a Hogan 1:200 American Airlines 777-200, the original version without registration
                • what was the cheapest - The cheapest was probably about $7 for a Hogan 737 model
                • what was the most: $177 for the Herpa 1:200 AN-225 first release.
                • which one(s) would you say are your holy grail? Herpa 1:200 AN-225, Herpa 1:200 Emirates A380, Gemini 200 American 767 Veterans, Gemini 200 United 757 Saul Bass, JC Wings 1:200 ANA 787 Rollout, Gemini 200 American MD-80 First Release (Titles only printed on one side of the fuselage), Virgin Galactic Spaceship II/Whiteknight II

--
                Never trust a helicopter under 50! Phrogs Phorever!

Comment

What month/ year did you start collecting 1/200 planes Started collecting on Feb 2015
                  Do you remember what the very first 1/200 u purchased It was a Skymarks Airbus A380 with house colors
                  what was the cheapest Dragon Wings 1:400 Northwest Airlines Cargo B747-200 "Select 3-Speed Service" colors for $20.00 (unless $0.00 counts as cheapest then answer is different)
                  what was the most $$$ InFlight200 TWA B747SP "1980's" colors with Boston Express logo under flight deck, paid $99.99 for it
                  which one(s) would you say are your holy grail InFlight200 TWA that I just mentioned is by far my holy grail for the moment. Just started collecting, so I've got a ways to go...lol

Comment

I finally got around to counting my planes. I ended up w/ 1050 models

Unfortunately life has thrown me a curve ball & I am selling ~20% of my collection. Thankfully this hasn't affected my fav liveries ... yet

If i win the lottery, I'll start going the other way, but for now i have to keep reducing my collection

--

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X