Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Herpa Wings Tupolev TU-144D Aeroflot (HE556323)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herpa Wings Tupolev TU-144D Aeroflot (HE556323)

I just got this from diecastairplane.com

Herpa Wings
    Tupolev TU-144D
    Aeroflot (Museum Sinsheim)
    Item: HE556323, 1:200 Scale

Finally the Tu-144 is made into 1:200 diecast, this aircraft was the first commercial supersonic transport (SST). It was one of only two SSTs to enter commercial service, the other being the Concorde. The prototype first flew on December 31, 1968 near Moscow (two months before the first flight of the Concorde). It first went supersonic on June 5th 1969, and on May 26 1970: it became the first commercial SST to exceed Mach 2. Although the Tu-144 was the "first" SST, it wasn't the first to enter commercial service. It entered service almost 2 years after the Concorde. After 2 crashes, it continued to delay development until it was permanently grounded after 55 scheduled flights. It was later used as a cargo plane and later used by the Soviet Space Program and NASA to train pilots as well as supersonic research.

Here are some pictures:

A closeup of the nose in the "up" position

A group photo of the large supersonic planes

Enjoy!

Awesome.. great selection
    --

Comment

Great pictures, helped me to make my mind up to go ahead and acquire one for my Aeroflot collection. The side by side pictures beside the Concord definitely explains the nickname given to the TU-144 ... "Concordski" !
      --
      DELTAFLYTE
      1:400 Scale Die-cast Models = 0997
      1:200 Scale Die-cast Models = 0399

Total Die-cast Models = 1396

Comment

Very nice supersonic collection. I'm trying to make arrangements to get a BA Concorde as well as trying to pick up the XB-70 and TU-144
        --
        Never trust a helicopter under 50! Phrogs Phorever!

Comment

These are all three so far outside my collection criteria, but they are indeed fantastic looking together. I think I might stray a tiny bit. (oh hell, it is a slippery slope), but how can a true aviation aficionado not have SST's (and the Valkyrie) in a collection.
          --

Comment

And what exactly is your collection criteria, Eugene? Just curious by the way. I personally love the 1:200 scale because of the detail. I'm not a perfectionist collector looking for every minute detail to be 100% correct. (Although some very much are looking for that) They are fantastic looking models. A very envious collection.
            --

Comment

Hi Phrog74,

I try at least to follow these rules:
              1) Anything that was registered in South Africa or flew for a South African company (Including military) in 1:48 / 1:72 / 1:144 / 1:200 / 1:400 / 1:500
              2) African airlines (can be leased aircraft) 1:200 / 1:400 (I dropped the 1:500 for this category - sadly just too small)

However, I seem to have expanded a little bit lately to....
              3) Some aircraft I have seen at Cape Town International (DF Malan) and Ysterplaat Air Force Base. - but this one could be a bottomless pit of dispair if I am not carefull :-)
              Included here is things like the Varig DC-10, the Concorde and the USAF VIP aircraft for instance.

I do have some models which fall way outside that which I received as gifts from family which was fortunate enough to fly those airlines.
              I don't even have to ask. My siblings know. - I suspect they might think it is sad. lol ;-)

So this TU144 will be way out there. But it is such a beauty.

I agree the 1:200 scale just gives it another ethereal quality.
              I think most people not that knowledgeable about aviation look at the 1:500 and 1:400 models and they think 'Cute, that looks like matchbox aircraft one buys at any largish retail shop in the toys isle"

What do you collect?
              PS> If you add the DIMA banner, your collection can be easily found and it 'helps' to keep things 'under control'. At least that is what I keep telling myself....
              --

Comment

Eugene,

For right now, I'm solely a 1:200 collector. Similar to you, I like to collect liveries and aircraft I've flown on. I also like military aircraft, and the 1:200 scale definitely doesn't disappoint. My favorites are the US military since I flew on helicopters in the Marines, but I like many of the models out there. I want to get the TU-95 if they don't all disappear. I've always been a bit of an avid aviation fan. My collection is just over 100 models, again all in 1:200. I'd love to add more often, but just don't have the money to throw around. Oh well, I manage to snag some good ones here and there in my opinion.

As far as adding the bar at the bottom, I hands to admit I'm a bit of a non-hack when it comes to those things. Not really sure what I need to do for that.

Thanks for the info about your likes and collecting habits by the way.
                --

Comment

Phrog74 , yes, the 1:200 scale military does have quite selection of US military planes. Some of them (like the C-17) might find a way to infiltrate my collection some day.
                  Same as with you and most other collectors, money is not a bottomless resource, so it is careful planning what to get each month - if any at all.

That TU-95 would also be a nice addition. To contrast those huge turbo-props with the 8 engines on the B-52. Same job, different design philosophy.

And over 100 1:200 is quite a large collection! Wow.
                  Even though they are just plastic and metal, they do provide a lot of enjoyment if you have a context and association with the models and the experiences you had with the real aircraft. Pure magic.

By the way. Putting the banner up is really easy. Just look at this explanation:
                  http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...4084#post34084
                  --

Comment

Yes, 100+ models in the 1:200 scale is quite a bit, but not as many as some out there.

The B-52 is a nice model. Not quite as big as I thought it would be in the 1:200 scale, but still nice. I have the first Herpa release of that one. I plan on trying to get a few of the others out there. The Tu-95 is nice simply because it's different.

I have 2 C-17s. One from Gemini 200 and one from Hogan. Both are very nice. I have to admit that the detail on the Hogan (plastic) is just as impressive as the Gemini 200. The nose is a little weird with the radome lines, but it's minor.

I purchased the first release of Herpa's AN-225. Massive model, and by far my most expensive model. However, I was a little disappointed with the detail on it. I'm seriously considering getting the second version as well.

There a quite a few other variations of models I'd love to see and other specials. C-5 Galaxy, E-8 JSTARS, P-8 Poseidon, B-1B Lancer, C-141 Starlifter, RC-135V/W (saw a resin kit for these on eBay a while back, but couldn't afford to pull the "trigger" on them at the time due to money issues), AC-130 Spectre, and the YAL-1 Airborne Laser to name a few. A few that I had wanted have been made (EC-121 by Hobby Master, E-3C/D by a few manufacturers, Nimrod albeit by ARD, and MRTT by Skymarks).

I have a few plastic/resin A380s by Herpa and Hogan, but I'd love to have some of the metal ones by Gemini 200 and JC Wings. I also have some other large "heavies" that have slowly added up over the years.

I could easily spend thousands of dollars on adding to my collection, but alas that's out of that question at this time...at least until I'm crowned self-proclaimed king.

And...hopefully the signature thing works now since I followed your instructions.
                    --

Comment

don't get anything that is resin i.e. PCMR AKA Fenwicks from ARD.com
                      Last edited by fleetlordatvar; 11-26-2014, 07:01 PM.
                      --

Comment

I've looked a lot at the ARD models. And while they have a very nice collection of rare 1:200s, when you look at the pictures they lack decent detail of the Herpas, Hogans, and Geminis
                        --

Comment

They are lacking detail, but it'll do until the better versions come out. They are not worth it at the retail prices from ARD & the largest ones are worthless at any price. They are a better choice if you find them at a lower price, say $60 or less for an IL-76 w/ free shipping
                          --

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X