When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1:200 C-141 Starlifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1:200 C-141 Starlifter

Ok, with all of the new military aircraft and what not, why has no one come out with a mould for the C-141? I mean, we now have multiple schemes of the KC-135, C-160, B-52, and all the assorted 1:200 fighters and what not. Plus, now Herpa has come out with a mould for the C-5 and they have 2 versions of the AN-225. Just wondering if Herpa, Gemini 200, InFlight 200, or Hogan will ever put this out.
    --
    Never trust a helicopter under 50! Phrogs Phorever!

I agree with you. We need one.

Sky-Classic's, available from Aviation Retail Direct in England, has made a few 1:200 C-141. However, they are very high priced. I have one Sky-Classic's aircraft (TU-104) in my collection and its fantastic, but the price keeps me away from buying more.
    --
    ~ Steven

Comment

Yeah, I know that there are several good aircraft available at ARD that I'd love to have. But, I have a hard time trying to justify the price tag for the new AN-225 and C-5 models. I have the first release of the Herpa AN-225 model. It's decent. I want the second and the new C-5. But, I think that Herpa or Gemini 200 could make a good sale coming out with the C-141. I love military models. I have over 100 models in the 1:200 scale, and 26 of those are military aircraft (not including the AN-225). I want to see a C-141, B-58, B-36, B-29, C-123, and another production of the XB-70. But, I want to see them from Hogan, Herpa, or Gemini.
      --
      Never trust a helicopter under 50! Phrogs Phorever!

Comment

Although it is outside my collecting criteria, I have fond memories of the few C141s that I used to see at Cape Town.
        The Boeing C-17 doesn't yet inspire the same 'awe' that I felt. Might be because I am quite a bit older now.
        Also, the ARD models are quite expensive. I have 3 SAAF Shackletons as they were a 'must-buy'. There are a couple of other aircraft I am eyeing, but the budget says "No".
        --

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X