The Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Problem

I have a 737 that won't stay on all its wheels. (It is popping a wheelie.) This is the first plane I've had that does this. What's the solution, gentlemen? Thanks in advance.

Sludge

Anyway you can post a picture Sludge? My GJ American 737-800 does it from time to time, but only if I give the tail slight downwards pressure.
    --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by FireAngelZero View Post
      Anyway you can post a picture Sludge? My GJ American 737-800 does it from time to time, but only if I give the tail slight downwards pressure.
      Yes, I have had a few that wanted to tip at the slightest provocation, but this one is hopeless.

What if I, while holding the plane nose down, flowed some super glue (cyanoacrylate) into the front wheel assembly, and let it dry in that position?

Sludge

Comment

Well, it could work, the extra weight of the dried glue could be enough to act as a weight in the front gear. Try it out! If the plane really is that off-balance the extra weight could fully balance it. If it works let us know Sludge! Good luck!
        --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

Comment

well, i have had a few like this. i do the following and try to explain as best i can. i usually put model on flat surface with nosewheel overhanging the surface. then place your thumb and finger over the fuselage right above the front of the rear landing gear. then rock gently back and forth/up/down excerting a little extra pressure on downward movement. only need a few goes. model should then sit fine. mine always do. a few others have tried it, and it worked too!!. you may also want to put a bit of tissue/cloth under front end of model so it does not mark the underneath when rocking the model.
          --
          ROBERT

Comment

There is no known fix i know of. I had the same issue w/ a A380
            --

Comment

Well, the "Great Experiment," using super glue, didn't work. I even filed down the bottom of the front tires, too, to see if that would help. I know some use two sided tape to keep the front wheels down, but that sounds like too much trouble.

Sludge

Comment

The glue doesn't have enough weight for it's volume, my only guess & I stress guess is to somehow fill in the front landing gear well(?) w/ a metal, but it's more trouble than the two sided tape.

The more logical thing to do is contact the company to see what advice if any they can offer.
                --

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X