When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Brazilians are Coming"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Brazilians are Coming"

I just looked on the GJ Facebook page.. and it says "The Brazilians are Coming"... hints to be posted on Friday 3/28.

Could these be.. the long anticipated E-Jets???

I certainly hope so!
    --
    WALmsp

Comment

If that's the case this should be exciting. Ever since I saw the Herpa 1:400 Delta Connection ERJ-170 I've wanted GJ to release one. Hopefully some nice jets will come out of this if that's the case.
      --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

Comment

• JAL1628
        JAL1628 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've got a couple of the Herpa 170's and they are a little spendy but very nice.

GJ hasn't released many RJ's lately - not CRJ's or ERJ's. The last one I remember was the SkyWest CRJ-700 in Alaska Airlines livery.

BTW on a related note I heard GJ has lost the 1/400 ERJ-145 mold.. Is this true?!

Comment

• JAL1628
        JAL1628 commented
        Editing a comment
        They may have in 1:200.. I just checked the DIMA database and the last ERJ-145 they did was in the old US Airways colors.

• WALmsp
        WALmsp commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, GJ released an AE ERJ-145 http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...3#.UzTQ-q1dXhU and I have one.

• JAL1628
        JAL1628 commented
        Editing a comment
        You're right they did.. in 2002. There hasn't been a 1/400 GJ ERJ-145 in a long time. That's why I was asking if anyone knew whether the JC mold and the GJ mold were the same.. JC has released a few ERJ-145's more recently.

o que é isso que os brasileiros estão chegando, por isso, quando?
      --

Comment

• JAL1628
        JAL1628 commented
        Editing a comment
        We'll find out today who & maybe when

Today is the day.. we should get our hints today. Crossing my fingers for ERJ-190.

Comment

Would you be able to throw a link to the facebook page once it's released? I'm curious myself but alas I do not have a facebook account.
        --

Comment

GeminiJets, Las Vegas, Nevada. 32,149 likes · 507 talking about this · 118 were here. Celebrating 25 years of modeling airplanes for the world! Thank you for collecting GeminiJets.
          --

Comment

why were 1:400 clues not posted here?
            Last edited by fleetlordatvar; 03-29-2014, 09:29 AM.
            --

Comment

• fleetlordatvar
              fleetlordatvar commented
              Editing a comment
              DAMN IT, i have no clue!!!

• WALmsp
              WALmsp commented
              Editing a comment
              1:400

1. This gold cargo airplane might be a surprise to some to see its registration number starts with an N.

2. The Contents May Be Under Pressure but the gogo Dancer will be a Fog Cutter.

3. This aircraft had its debut with this airline in October 2013. Like most of the other airlines that fly these, people are sometimes confused that two of the exits that appear to be outside the airplane are nowhere to be found inside.

4. You can fly on this model internationally to NRT, KIX, LOS and PVG.

5. These red tailed 74 seat birds are larger than the smaller subtype of this aircraft but smaller than the single type of Boeings this airline operates. In 2010 this airline announced its first international route using these 74 seat birds. Oh, and yes, those are animals on the bottom.

6. After ordering 45 of these in a September, the first one entered service two years later starting this airlines all tourist class (the name of this service sounded very Hawaiian) service to London.

7. Guess what? This airplane model is not a Boeing 777-300er or Airbus A380 from a large Middle East airline. It’s also a new mould, a new mould that people have been requesting for a while now. We introduce this mould on an airline for our friends across the pond.

8. These long haul aircraft were innovators by introducing the first enclosed suite in first class. Now due to them not being very fuel efficient they are seen being used on shorter routes.

*** I am assuming Clue #7 is the British Airways ERJ-175. ***

I'm wondering what is is coming out for 1/400 in April
            Last edited by fleetlordatvar; 03-29-2014, 09:29 AM.
            --

Comment

• JAL1628
              JAL1628 commented
              Editing a comment
              Fleetlord, I've heard the guess that #1 (in 1:200) is a PAN AM DC-3.

You been drinkin' brother? I know it's 1 AM in Colorado on Saturday Morning! Just wondering 'cause this is the 1/400 thread!

• fleetlordatvar
              fleetlordatvar commented
              Editing a comment
              so it is...i don't drink, but do suffer from sleep problems(s).

& by the magic of a better forum that gives you a longer time to edit...comments changed!

BTW, why didn't you continue this thread instead of starting a new one?? this is part of the reason i commented w/ 1/200...no use for a PAN AM DC-3.

LOL, Anyone seen the Geminijets Facebook this morning? I love their new release of their High Quality "Gemini Paper" collection. Very professional, very sleek and sharp. Gemini paper will be my new collection Genre!
            --

Comment

Hopefully the planned 1/400 announcements aren't also an April Fool's joke!

Comment

I suck at working out these clues. Rather, I don't bother much as there are people out there who are really good at figuring this out, so I sit back and wait for them to work it out.
              I am however very interested in the results.

Gemini Paper. ;-) With the slide of the Rand to the Dollar I might be forced to switch to that some day.
              --

Comment

• fleetlordatvar
                fleetlordatvar commented
                Editing a comment
                You ain't lying! It's getting beyond horrible.

My collecting has stalled a bit this month. And will for the next two months as well. (So secretly I am hoping that no more airliners are released which fit my collection criteria as that will enable me to catch up with my wanted list).

The models themselves are getting expensive, but the postage is really becoming a killer.
              --

Comment

Wow, so much for anticipation huh? The only jet I'm liking out of this release is the United 787 (since I have no US 787's in my collection yet). I think the rest are pass-able, maybe now that they have the new mold they will release more ERJ's outside of KLM.
                --

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X