When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gemini Jets May 2014 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gemini Jets May 2014 Release

The pictures are up on the Facebook page now..

OHH Man, it's Lufthansa month for me! I've been waiting for that A340-300 for a while! I'm surprised they did so many re-releases.
    --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

Comment

Here's the full list of 1:400 scale models and pictures

GJAAL1385 American 757-200/Winglets N603AA

GJAAY1325 Allegiant A320 N217NV

GJASA1402 Alaska 737-700/Winglets N612AS

GJBAW136 British Airways 737-200 Negis Colors G-BGDS

GJBAW1383 British Airways 787-8 G-ZBJB

GJDAL1356 Delta 747-400 N669US

GJDLH1226 Lufthansa A340-300 D-AIFE

GJDLH1364 Lufthansa Cargo 777-200LRF D-ALFA

GJUAE1286 Emirates SkyCargo 777-200LRF A6-EFF

GJUAL1389 United A319 N836UA

GJWJA1300 WestJet 737-800/Winglets C-FKWJ
      Attached Files
      --
      Shop www.DiecastAirplane.com. Email info@diecastairplane.com to join our FREE VIP Program for free shipping and special discounts.

Comment

I already got my pre-orders done. This isn't a bad release. I'm glad they came out with a narrow body United. My entire United fleet is wide-body so it's good I can add regional flights as well as international flights. All in all this release is definitely helping my Lufthansa fleet grow... I just keep hoping that an A380 and 748 in Lufthansa livery is re-released soon.
        --

Comment

Originally posted by FireAngelZero View Post
          I'm glad they came out with a narrow body United. My entire United fleet is wide-body so it's good I can add regional flights as well as international flights. All .
          I also try to keep my collection/fleets balanced.

I was tempted by that UA 319 but I already have a lot of 319's.. Including a Redwood 319 I got last month. I'm hoping they re-release the UA 320 next month - that one sold out pretty quick.

I have mixed feelings about this month: most of the subjects are lovely, but I already have earlier copies, and can't well justify the space or money $$$ to double up.

I'm sorry you missed the LH A380.. Waffle had that one in stock for a long time. I never got that one. If I see one somewhere I'll send you a PM.

Comment

Thanks JAL, I appreciate it. I like that VA 319 you have. I try my best to keep my fleets balanced with narrow body as well as wide bodies, but most of the time I can only get my hands on wide bodies. Which don't get me wrong I love Wide-bodied jets. I just feel like having an airport of just wide-bodies is unrealistic, because most airports don't do international-only flights.
            --

Comment

I just feel like having an airport of just wide-bodies is unrealistic, because most airports don't do international-only flights.
              I absolutely agree with you - 100%.

For this reason I also keep a sharp lookout for cheap Dash 8s, ATRs, CRJs, etc..

Comment

My commuter fleet consists of a Delta CRJ-900 in the Comair 25 years livery and an American Eagle ATR-72. I've wanted to add Dash-8's but the ones I keep looking at (United Express, Air Canada express) are always sold out. I like that sharp ATR 72 you have with the Delta colors I'll add that to my collection. It seems like sometimes the smaller the jet the harder it is to find. The only 737-800 I have is an American airlines new livery and that's it. I'm ashamed of this because there's so many options out there for 737s but of coarse the more popular 738's are always sold out... I'll also try to keep my eye out on these and hopefully with some luck I can start adding domestic flights to my JFK airport.
                --

Comment

• JAL1628
                  JAL1628 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I could go for an Air Canada Q400.. or WestJet.

I've only been collecting 2+ years now. Between Waffle and eBay I've been able to *slowly* acquire some of the sold-out models I wanted. I refuse to overpay for them, so mostly I do without.. To some extent most of us are stuck in this predicament.. You mentioned the 737.. I am baffled as to why they've yet to re-release a Southwest 737-700 in Canyon Blue. It has been sold out for a long long time. And if you go to any airport in the US they are as common as daylight. Ditto for the Dash 8s and the CRJs.. I'm convinced that for some of these aircraft could be minted 2-3 times a year and still sell out.

Comment

OHH Man, it's Lufthansa month for me! I've been waiting for that A340-300 for a while! I'm surprised they did so many re-releases.
                  I've read that it is common for GJ to re release & also release models by other companies (i guess because they know it will sell). I like Jal1628 started only 2+ yrs ago, this is good news for me since i miss so many.

btw Jal1628 i started in Oct 2011, when did you start?
                  --

Comment

• JAL1628
                    JAL1628 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hello Fleetlord, I started collecting in the Spring of 2012. Previous to that I used to build plastic models in 1/144. I ran out of space, time, and patience for that. Many of my plastic models wound up in a museum in Las Vegas. Ultimately I missed the hobby too much to walk away completely; hence I started researching diecast models.

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X