When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1:400 USAF Gemini C-17s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1:400 USAF Gemini C-17s

For a long time I ignored this model thinking I had plenty of time to get one as there were many available. Last night I did a pretty thorough search of my favorite retailers and was disheartened to find the only example still in stock was the NATO/PAPA version.. which does not fit my collecting criteria.I don't feel like paying $40+ for one on eBay either. This means I'm SOL for now.

There's a lot been said on these diecast forums about 'panic buying' (mostly derogatory) but I'm starting to see why people do it. I've now missed out on a handful of models by waiting too long to buy. Even if they seem very numerous on eBay at some point - sure enough they will all sell out.

Originally posted by JAL1628 View Post

There's a lot been said on these diecast forums about 'panic buying' (mostly derogatory) but I'm starting to see why people do it. I've now missed out on a handful of models by waiting too long to buy. Even if they seem very numerous on eBay at some point - sure enough they will all sell out.

I'm sorry you missed out on them. I hope the next release isn't too far away, but you can take comfort in knowing that some of the C-17s on eBay have sold up to $70 ( i was lucky to sell my Charleston AFB for that price)!

Even in my scale i was thinking of selling off my GJ versions because they are too heavy, i only have two before i started buying mostly Hogan versions (one Amercon). Being able to lower the ramp on the GJ version is a really nice touch, but the ramp damages too easily & the tires can get 'flat' very quickly if you don't use a stand...I'll probably sell them today.

btw, how much were they when they were released? Oh & as of now for <$40 you can buy the Ronald Regan/ March AFB GJ200!!!
    Now offered on auction is a GEMINI 200 BOEING C-17 USAF MARCH AFB SPIRIT OF RONALD REAGAN 1:200 G2AFO197 that has been previously displayed and is in overall very good physical condition with minimal signs of wear. One of the stand screws will not go in as the inner nut on the base is loose inside. Box is in good physical condition with minimal shelfwear.
    --

Comment

• JAL1628
      JAL1628 commented
      Editing a comment
      W/ re: to the ramp being lowered, I think this is a pretty cool feature of the model. SpeedbirdHD has a great video on YouTube of two C-17's doing powerbacks from the Imperial Cargo Complex at LAX.. Both of the ramps are lowered and there is an airman lying on the ramp facing back.. I'm not sure, but I think his job is to help guide the plane out. Or they are simply having fun. Either way, I liked it. I will search for the video... If I can figure out how to post the link I will do it.

• fleetlordatvar
      fleetlordatvar commented
      Editing a comment
      super easy, look for the embedded code from you tube (2nd option) & simple past on a new post (not a new comment option)

I think they were right around $30-$35 USD.. sans shipping of course. There was a gaggle of them available not more than a year ago. Just goes to show how this hobby works.

I shouldn't complain, I have managed to collect a nice group of models, some fairly rare. But of course like all addicts I cannot seem to get enough

Comment

• fleetlordatvar
      fleetlordatvar commented
      Editing a comment
      ditto about not getting enough...since they sold well i expect GJ to re-release them if not new ones. I was looking at ebay to see what i would get for mine & the price for mine would still get me my money back & a small chance of more since there aren't any that sold in the last three months.

Comment

• fleetlordatvar
      fleetlordatvar commented
      Editing a comment
      cool thanks.

• JAL1628
      JAL1628 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for showing me how to do it!

Hi mate, not sure if you are still after a USAF C-17 in 1:400 but these places seem to still have some in stock. Select Gemini Jets 1:400, the GJ MACS C17 & C5

Comment

• JAL1628
      JAL1628 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much Jason777; they have one model I wasn't expecting to ever find in stores again.. pending the outcome of a few eBay auctions tomorrow I'm planning to purchase it.

And this place here in New Zealand

Comment

I finally sold My Charleston, but not my Ronald Regan 1/200s. A new USAF C-17 pilot's friend bought it for a present.
      --

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X