When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy Model Airplanes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy Model Airplanes???

Does anyone know where to buy model airplanes on the Southeast part of the US (North Carolina to Florida)?
    --

Don't waste your time looking for physical shops - just use the internet. I live in New Zealand and I buy all my models from California based Waffle Collectibles.
    --
    http://yesterdaysairlines.weebly.com/

Comment

I totally agree with RStretton. Waffle Collectibles has the BEST selection of diecast models and they constantly offer models that you can not find anywhere else in their Collection Sale & Sale sections. Try it and you won't be disappointed. By the way, I live in Paraguay, South America.

Comment

Ok. Thanks.
        --

Comment

You can buy a copy of airways or airliners magazines and look in the ads for physical shops. I think I remember seeing a florida one. A distinct advantage of physical shops is that the models don't need to be shipped. Even with excellent packing some of them models can be jostled enough to have tails or horizontal stabilizers or even wings come unglued or break (small percentage but still something to consider)

Internet will definitely be cheaper. Waffle Collectibles and Diecast Airplane are two of the best priced sites (also have to factor in shipping cost, waffle has good fedex rates and is generally slightly cheaper on price, but diecastairplane.com has free shipping above $100 so compare) and both have the advantage that you can have them add your purchases to the database here automatically.

flyingmule.com and collectablejets have better sales than the above two from time to time, have heard good things about eztoys but haven't ordered from them.

Comment

Many of use have been around for 10-20 years in the business and agree that there are very few brick and mortar retails shops that carry diecast aircraft. We have a small shop in Western Massachusetts where we get the occasional customer, but not enough to keep a full shop open. Sometimes you can find a few models at an airport shop of local hobby shop, but the selection is usually very limited. So I agree with the above that the best selection and prices are online at shops like waffle collectibles or diecast airplane. At Diecast Airplane we are always happy to answer questions by phone or email if you need assistance or help understanding the overwhelming amount of choices online.
            --
            Shop www.DiecastAirplane.com. Email info@diecastairplane.com to join our FREE VIP Program for free shipping and special discounts.

Comment

I forgot to say the counterpoint to no shipping cost for phsyical shops is that at most of the physical shops I've visited have been significantly more expensive than the internet (no shipping charges tho, but do have sales tax) probably partly because they have to pay retail rent ($$$)
              Another good place to buy models is at airline shows like airliners international which next june will be in atlanta

Comment

We have free shipping on orders over $100, and even under that our flat rate shipping is cheap. Plus no sales tax except in Massachusetts.
                --
                Shop www.DiecastAirplane.com. Email info@diecastairplane.com to join our FREE VIP Program for free shipping and special discounts.

Comment

The internet is definitely the best way to go for diecast models.. Probably half my models are from Waffle and the rest are from other online retailers, eBay, etc.

If you're ever in Portland, Oregon, Bridgetown Hobbies has a small but comprehensive selection of Gemini Jets, very reasonably priced.

Comment

• foundation
                    foundation commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thanks for the tip JAL1628, are you from portland? I am, but didn't know about bridgetown

• JAL1628
                    JAL1628 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ha! What a coincidence, that is awesome! I used to live in Portland and I still visit every other month or so. What a beautiful city that is, I absolutely miss it. Safe, walkable, clean.. good nightlife. I could go on.

Bridgetown Hobbies is on Sandy Blvd on the right hand side if you're headed towards the Hollywood District. It's set back from the street a bit. There's a red awning over the front door, and a tiny parking lot to one side. It's a great little place focused entirely on models, military history, role playing, and books - no R/C cars or any of that stuff.

• foundation
                    foundation commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! I will go check it out. I love portland too, one of the best cities. however I do schedule my travel for work for the gray months so I can get my vitamin D in california and other sunnier places october-june

Thanks for the replies!
                  --

Comment

Originally posted by DiecastAirplane View Post
                    ... At Diecast Airplane we are always happy to answer questions by phone or email if you need assistance or help understanding the overwhelming amount of choices online.
                    when is started & was a complete newbie, i found DiecastAirplane.com had some videos comparing scale & some info on model collecting. What a relief to find such info especially when you first start out. My excitement was overwhelmed by my ignorance of the hobby at the time.

A point overlooked is waffle also has free shipping over $100, so it makes him very competitive, especially w/ the SALES & COLLECTION sections.
                    ..code 'freeship' or contact any retailer to see what discounts they offer.
                    --

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X