When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diecast Jets that never became real.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diecast Jets that never became real.

Hey guys, I wanted to ask are some of you collect or have in their collection jets that were never made into real jets? I'm asking because when I first started to build my collection I had purchased a Geminijets 1:400 scale American 777-300ER in the old "chrome" livery. I was disappointed it never became a real jet. But yea how many of you guys have models that you wish could've been real jets and which are they?
    --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

My Pan Am Concorde would have been nice in the flesh. It came so close to reality but not quite - several production aircraft were originally destined for PA and their crews were in training.
    --
    http://yesterdaysairlines.weebly.com/

Comment

Here are a few pictures of said model compared to it's younger sister with the new American titles. The model registrations are N717AN and N718AN and are both 777-300ER.

20140813_065440

20140813_065410

I like how the jets looked in the original AA colors. The chrome gave the jet a little bit of Pizzaz:
      20140813_065344
      --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

Comment

There are many in 1:500 scale. For example: Etihad Airways A380 OC Qatar A340-600 and A380 in OC Air France A380 OC Eva Air Koala Festival 747-400 American Airlines 777-300ER Sabena Concorde Herpa Christmas models Ect...

Comment

Let's not forget about the OC JAL 787s.
          --

Comment

Originally posted by Delta Airlines View Post
            Let's not forget about the OC JAL 787s.
            JA822J has flown in the old livery

Comment

• Delta Airlines
              Delta Airlines commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow! You learn something new every day.

This has never happened to me.. I won't buy a model until the a/c is in service.

FWIW, I like the old AA livery on the 777 better anyhow!

Comment

• FireAngelZero
              FireAngelZero commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by JAL1628 View Post
              I appreciate the sentiment JAL

• FireAngelZero
              FireAngelZero commented
              Editing a comment
              This has never happened to me.. I won't buy a model until the a/c is in service.
              The American 77W (double A livery) is the only jet I purchased that I didn't wait, normally I agree with your statement, I wait till the aircraft is in service before I buy the model. But when I purchased the model it was between the time American confirmed they were adding the 777-300ER to their fleet but they hadn't made the official announcement the 777-300 was going to be painted in their new colors. The entire time I thought this jet was going to be real. So I jumped the gun and bought it. Don't get me wrong for this being my first ever 777 in my collection I'm happy I purchased it. Just bummed it never became real.

• fleetlordatvar
              fleetlordatvar commented
              Editing a comment
              screw that, I'm not going to deprive myself of a model or AC i like because it didn't exist.

TAM A340-500 and 777-300 in their old colors come to my mind.

Comment

• FireAngelZero
              FireAngelZero commented
              Editing a comment
              Good call on that Santos, I saw the TAM A340-500 in the old livery and was considering buying it (Ive been dying to add TAM to my airport for a while) and since you mentioned it's not a real aircraft I think I'll wait till Phoenix releases another TAM 77W

I've been looking to add TAM as well. South America is underrepresented in my collection.

I believe TAM is expecting to receive the A350-9 next year.

Comment

There seems to be quite a few models out there of 787s and A380s that were issued after the orders were made or fantasy versions, Northwest comes to mind for both. Both UPS and FedEx have A380 out there.
              --
              WALmsp

Comment

• FireAngelZero
                FireAngelZero commented
                Editing a comment
                Those I kinda understand because Geminijets went a little crazy releasing 787's to customers that initially confirmed orders for them, but then cancelled either due to delays or because the airlines that purchased the 787's were purchased by other airlines that didn't want to add 787's for example Northwest had confirmed orders of the 787 but when they were purchased by Delta, Delta didn't show interest in the 787 so they cancelled all of Northwest's orders and what could've been never became...

Having said that, I must admit I already bought the AA A333 despite it not wearing AA colors yet in the real world.
              --
              WALmsp

Comment

That thread now states that the first 757 to be painted is on its way to ROW.
              --
              WALmsp

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X