When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AeroClassics LAM Mozambique DC-10 - help request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AeroClassics LAM Mozambique DC-10 - help request

Dear Everyone,

I shall be very grateful if those of you who have or have ever had an AeroClassics LAM Mozambique DC-10 model can confirm whether their model has suffered from extensive metal tarnishing stains and other defects that I have mentioned in the third paragraph.

Because the model was produced in 2018 and soon sold out, I was lucky to find one via a Facebook seller to whom I paid a whopping Euro 250.00 plus 7% PayPal surcharge plus insurance. The Facebook seller convinced me to buy his model by saying that all AeroClassics LAM DC-10 models had the metal tarnishing manufacturing defect, and that searching for the same item from other sellers would be a waste of time.

The seller also said that photos of the same model that were available via other Internet sources were all stock photos provided by the manufacturer, AeroClassics, and that those photos were doctored to show the model without the metal tarnishing defect.

The model I bought from the seller has extensive metal tarnishing and a loose wing that needs gluing back with the risk of further damaging the model. The paint below the wing door is also missing and there is a crater type of hole on one side of the tail where the engine meets the fuselage. The aircraft engines also have scratches. Please see the attached photos, paying attention to the yellow circled areas.

Can those of you that have this model or had ever had it before, be kind enough confirm whether your model has the extensive metal tarnishing stains and / or the other defects mentioned above, and that too from the day you acquired the model, i.e. this being a manufacturing defect.

Please also let me know if the tarnishing stains can be removed and how, and whether the damaged paintwork below the wing door can be repaired, if at all, and whether the engines can be re-polished to cover up the marks.

I am convinced that the seller has conned me, and your comments shall be very much welcome so that I can have my money claimed back via PayPal.

Kind regards,

Kamran
    Attached Files

Please see photos of my own LAM DC10 by Aeroclassics. As an experienced model collector I can add that no models are mass produced with defects, including this one. I can counter each one of this dubious seller's claims via these photos. My model was bought new and is immaculate. Specifically, in relation to the defects on your model, mine has:

1. no tarnishing
    2. no missing paint
    3. no loose wings
    4. no paint scratches on engine
    5. no crater-like hole on tail

Unfortunately, these defects on you model will be very difficult to correct, with the tarnishing being impossible to correct as that would be a fault with the chemistry of the metal. This conman seller who sold you the model has likely manhandled the model and has sold you an item that will have no collector value, and on any selling platform (such as eBay) would be impossible to sell at the price he charged you. I hope my photos help your case.

Comment

Originally posted by tonums View Post
      Please see photos of my own LAM DC10 by Aeroclassics. As an experienced model collector I can add that no models are mass produced with defects, including this one. I can counter each one of this dubious seller's claims via these photos. My model was bought new and is immaculate. Specifically, in relation to the defects on your model, mine has:

1. no tarnishing
      2. no missing paint
      3. no loose wings
      4. no paint scratches on engine
      5. no crater-like hole on tail

Unfortunately, these defects on you model will be very difficult to correct, with the tarnishing being impossible to correct as that would be a fault with the chemistry of the metal. This conman seller who sold you the model has likely manhandled the model and has sold you an item that will have no collector value, and on any selling platform (such as eBay) would be impossible to sell at the price he charged you. I hope my photos help your case.
      tonums
      Thank you for your detailed comments and photos. As a fellow collector, I am happy for you in that you have a model in great condition and without any defects that my model has. After reading your comments and your advice, I am quite sad to have fallen prey to a dishonest seller and have lost money. I hope justice will prevail and that PayPal will rule in my favour.

I wish you and all model collectors a very happy new year.

Regards,

Kamran

Comment

Sorry for the delay in reading your post Kamran, in the end the seller should have disclosed all the details of the sale. Luckily yes Paypal should give you a refund as not all information was disclosed. tonums is correct in regards to making fixes, it will be very hard for you to do. I have in the past received a model with that type of issues however I was very lucky at the time as a good friend of mine is a experienced model maker and he was able to make some fixes.

I am so sorry that this happened to you.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your message, am so sorry about your model, I feel the disappointment.

My LAM DC-10 is fine, certainly doesn’t have those defects. I’ll have it try and find it so I can send photos but it did not have such damage when I bought it, I would definitely have noticed.

good luck with your refund.

best wishes and Happy New Year,

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by speedbirdsfo View Post
            Hello,

Thank you for your message, am so sorry about your model, I feel the disappointment.

My LAM DC-10 is fine, certainly doesn’t have those defects. I’ll have it try and find it so I can send photos but it did not have such damage when I bought it, I would definitely have noticed.

good luck with your refund.

best wishes and Happy New Year,

Matt
            Hi Matt,

Thank you for your reply. That now makes three people who have come forward to confirm that their models were all fine, compared to the defects and damage that my model has.

I appreciate your kind words, and I hope PayPal does not rule in favour of someone who clearly is a dishonest person.

I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Regards,

Kamran

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X