When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY 1/200 SCALE COLLECTION PICTURES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY 1/200 SCALE COLLECTION PICTURES

thought I would start adding my 1/200 BOAC collection models here. I only collect BOAC models mostly these days. various scales, but mostly 200 scale. I have SIXTY in total now, in all scales. so first up I have managed to acquire all SIX of the ORIGINAL DECALLED WESTERN MODELS released in white and blue tails. all in virtually MINT condition, and ORIGINAL boxes. on a lot of old westerns the decals have yellowed badly. sadly they CANCELLED the planned white tail Britannia, and 2 Argonauts. there are 2 other boac models released, but are not white or blue tails. so the list is

DC-7 BLUE TAIL
    DC- WHITE TAIL
    STATOCRUISER BLUE TAIL
    STRATOCRUISER WHITE TAIL
    BRITANNIA BLUE TAIL
    CONSTELLATION WHITE TAIL.

--
    ROBERT

around 2010 western models re-emerged under 'new western models' same type box, but these had Perspex inner trays instead of soft yellow foam inners. these were also tampo printed as opposed to decals. just one BOAC to date. a constellation G-ANVD. sadly unlike the original WM models these were not as detailed!! having said that this one was around £50. the originals were around £150 or more!!! some go on ebay for over £200 if in mint condition. NONE of mine originals cost more than £95!! so here are a few pics of the 'new' WM constellation.

--
    ROBERT

Comment

Thank you Robert, nice pictures.
      I think we need some more of these beautiful New Western Models Constellations and Super Constellations.

JeanPierre.
      --
      https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...AIR+FRANCE+340

Comment

Originally posted by AIR FRANCE 340 View Post
        Thank you Robert, nice pictures.
        I think we need some more of these beautiful New Western Models Constellations and Super Constellations.

JeanPierre.
        yep, can NEVER have enough of the 'old props' JP.

next up 3 more 'OLDIES' these were made by a company I had never heard of until a BRITANNIA popped up on ebay under the name VETERAN and VINTAGE MODELS. I noticed the seller only lived SIX MILES from me. after going to see the model it turns out it was BRIAN ALCOTT! who actually made it over 10 years earlier when he had a shop a further few miles up the road. how often do you get to meet the maker of a model you have from years back???????? I later managed to add a CONNIE + STRATOCRUISER. no idea how many more are out there!!

--
        ROBERT

Comment

Another of the 'original' british makers was SKYLINE MODELS. I believe they took over MAM models around 2000. they produced 3 BOAC 707 models. 1 in delivery colours and 2 in later speedbird colours!!

G-APFG

G-ATWV

G-APFM this model comes with BOAC name on the pylons!

--
          ROBERT

Comment

They also released one other BOAC model a COMET 4. my favourite old jet model. this one is G-APDT.

and a picture of all 4 SKYLINE models released!!

--
            ROBERT

Comment

Another small manufacturer was HEATHROW MODELS. 3 BOAC models released that I know of. a HANDLEY PAGE HERMES G-ALDM. and 2 ARGONAUTS. G-ALHK. which I have. and G-ALHJ, which I am STILL looking for!! The Hermes and Argonaut were very similar in size and style.

HERMES

ARGONAUT.

--
              ROBERT

Comment

Another couple of oldies, pre 2000 by METAL AIRCRAFT MODELS these were taken over by SKYLINE iirc. have 2 so far. a 707 and VC 10.

--
                ROBERT

Comment

The Super VC10 is a winner with me

Tnat
                  --
                  Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars

Comment

Originally posted by robertjon5 View Post
                    Another small manufacturer was HEATHROW MODELS. 3 BOAC models released that I know of. a HANDLEY PAGE HERMES G-ALDM. and 2 ARGONAUTS. G-ALHK. which I have. and G-ALHJ, which I am STILL looking for!! The Hermes and Argonaut were very similar in size and style.

HERMES

ARGONAUT.

well guys thanks to another forum member on DAC, I NOW have the missing BLUE TAIL ARGONAUT!!!

--
                    ROBERT

Comment

probably my most FAVOURITE 'OLDE' 200 scale model by far is the original D.H MODELS COMET 1 by far!! not the best mould, but the ONLY one EVER done around 15 years ago +!! . so really hoping someone will do a new mould one day. but with limited liveries, I doubt it sadly.

and a picture with the original SKYLINE COMET 4.

--
                      ROBERT

Comment

I have one other comet. a DINKY CUSTOM. this was done by another forum member.

--
                        ROBERT

Comment

next two rare models are both INFLIGHT LE models!! standard + super VC 10s! had a slightly yellowed std vc 10 with an adapted box. so I sold it on ebay. got £76 for it! these were just £95 each with orig. boxes. they were made by MARTIN BEACOM, who later changed name to SMALLWORLD MODELS and BEES MODELS. these pics are basically the LAST of the MAKERS AND models made around the year 2000

--
                          ROBERT

Comment

Now Manufacturers of models POST 2000. first up JC WINGS who made 3 VC 10s. STANDARD, SUPER + delivery colours.

STANDARD VC 10

SUPER VC 10

DELIVERY COLOURS VC 10

--
                            ROBERT

Comment

Next up a pair of my favourite prop models, BRITANNIA'S! first 1 by FIRST CHOICE and second by AVIATION 200.

--
                              ROBERT

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X