When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HM Boeing F-15I Ra'am IDF/AF 69th Hammer Sqn, Israel HA4502

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HM Boeing F-15I Ra'am IDF/AF 69th Hammer Sqn, Israel HA4502

This one just landed in my collection:

Hobby Master
    Boeing F-15I Ra'am
    IDF/AF 69th Hammer Sqn, #269
    Hatzerim AB, Israel
    Item: HA4502

I am so excited to finally get this model into my collection, I've waited a long time for this release to come out and finally a company stepped up to the challenge and did this model justice. Hobby Master's F-15I model is absolutely beautiful, especially in its Israeli colors. HM did a great job converting the "E" model to an accurate depiction of the "I" Model, including the correct nozzles and weapon load - take a look at those massive AGM-142 Popeye missiles! This model will look it's best full loaded - just use caution when you put together this model, those thin weapon pylons had a tight fit so use some sort of wax or lubrication to ease it in. Other than that, no complaints, here are the pictures:

Fancy Box Art:

Close-up of those burners:

Close-up of the cockpit details:

At least with the stock stand it can accomodate the middle fuel tank

Looks great on a Witty Wings F-15 stand

And finally a group shot with the family:

Thanks for looking guys!

The seam lines are very easy to fix, just like the F-22 mould that required a easy patch up with white glue + a dab of dk ghost gray, after I did one swipe, it does look a lot better, here are the pics:

Now for those people looking to upgrade those burner cans, that's actually quite easy as well. Those nozzles can be removed with a good tug (use caution). As seen here:

Now since I removed those nozzles, I feel a bit uneasy to put this on a Witty Wings F-15 stand (other HM models I know the nozzle goes deeper so having the weight of the model on those nozzles isn't an issue). For this model however since we see it's in two different pieces, maybe it is not wise to put it on the Witty Wing stand for long term (that's my suggestion).

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X