When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value graph / sales history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value graph / sales history

I find the sales history part of the database very valuable, however, the graph isn't very helpful because it seems to be sorted by ascending order of price, rather than time. The value of these jets seems to increase quite a bit after they sell out, so knowing when the sales were transacted would be great.

Also, more data from outside waffle and diecastairplane would make it more useful. One way to do that would be some way to add ebay transactions that match the model number. I know the models available on ebay isn't an exact science, so maybe users could add ebay item ids, and the system could retrieve the sales price for that item id.

Few points here.. Yes I agree that sorting by time would be better, the problem that we will run into is when there are no dates. A lot of people who use the collection database put in false dates, incorrect dates, or no information at all. W/out that data how do we sort? On top of that, we don't get sales dates from WC or DA, so that doesn't help.

On the topic of more retailers, please let us know who you'd like to see on here and we'll reach out to them.

There is no way to accurately get data from eBay other than having people enter the IDs, in which case the ID is only valid for a certain period of time. So yes this could be done, but the # of people that would use it vs the time to code it would have to be weighed out.
    --

Comment

Thanks for your reply! Of course, as a past database developer myself (medical imaging) I know how you have to balance user needs with time to code. Just throwing out ideas here based on how I've been using the site.

I'm thinking you use the date of the time the price data was added to the database when no data is entered, or sort the no date info as the oldest but without sales dates from WC or DA I can see how most wouldn't have dates.

Re: fetching from ebay, perhaps more people would use the ebay connection feature, if it was dual purposed to also allow users to grab the purchase price, acquire date, etc from ebay when they do "got it"

side note, when doing got it, it'd be nice to have a "remove from want" checkbox. I saw in another thread there's a transfer from want to collection button, but when I buy something I usually just find the model number on the box, search for it, then to got it, and there's no "remove from want" ability in the search results.

Comment

oh and flyingmule.com and justplanefun.com could really benefit from being linked to your site as their search engines are really difficult to use

Comment

• fleetlordatvar
          fleetlordatvar commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, those store search engines are not user friendly especially JUSTPLANEFUN

• FireAngelZero
          FireAngelZero commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with FlyingMule.com they have sales on models up to 50% off MSRP in some cases. I've purchased from them before and although I'm in the East Coast and they are in California their shipping is quick and inexpensive.

• fleetlordatvar
          fleetlordatvar commented
          Editing a comment
          FlyingMule & ADAMS jets are 99% good only when they have a MAJOR sale. I've spend many hours comparing prices over the last year & found they are never the least expensive, but worth it when they have a MAJOR sale. EVERY regular sale they have had so far is far from cheapest. Fireanglezero, are u going to contact them & ask to add their inventory to this forum?

Originally posted by foundation View Post

side note, when doing got it, it'd be nice to have a "remove from want" checkbox. I saw in another thread there's a transfer from want to collection button, but when I buy something I usually just find the model number on the box, search for it, then to got it, and there's no "remove from want" ability in the search results.
        I inquired about something similar, but never got an answer...which is unusual for them so far.
        --

Comment

The remove from want list, you're using it backwards actually. When you get the model, go find it in your want list, then click the checkered flag - that moves it to your collection. That way you don't have to search for it again

We have larger plans for integrating into eBay so we'll put your suggestion in the mix for that.

Can both of you send query emails to those two retailers, pushing them to contact us about getting their inventory on here. That will help move things along.

Thanks
          --

Comment

• foundation
            foundation commented
            Editing a comment
            I will send an email to them.
            Re: using it backwards, I don't see it as backwards since I don't always have things I buy already on my want list, and I don't always remember, so I just find the plane using search and click got it. I guess I can learn to change my workflow and search my want list (it's long) first, and then if it isn't there search again. Perhaps a alternative notion is that when the "want it" is already selected in search results clicking it takes you to the want list entry to be edited, rather than allowing a 2nd want list entry.

• fleetlordatvar
            fleetlordatvar commented
            Editing a comment
            I've had to use the search engine & open a different tab for my want list. I search for the plane first & if it's on my want list, i switch tab & use the want list.

• foundation
            foundation commented
            Editing a comment
            @fleetlordatvar I figured I'd give your two tab idea a try, howver, I have more than 250 models on my want list so I have multiple pages!

So here in lies the issue - some people use the wish list for fleet building and want more than one item in the wishlist. in fact, we used to have it setup how you said, but people wanted the ability to have more than one of the same model in the wishlist...
          --

Comment

There's a funny think about the price as well. The sales data we submit shows the selling price before discount, but most of our customers use their 10% discount code and so the actual purchase price is most often 10% less then what is shown on the graph.
            --
            Shop www.DiecastAirplane.com. Email info@diecastairplane.com to join our FREE VIP Program for free shipping and special discounts.

Comment

Steve, if you want, adjust what you send to us if you have the actual price paid for an item.
              --

Comment

Instead of sorting by date, what about including the date, for the transaction you have the date for in the popup?
                Also, I'm assuming the shipping is not included correct?

Comment

• foundation
                  foundation commented
                  Editing a comment
                  to clarify I mean the little bubble you get when you hover over a dot, that says who the transaction was from.

• foundation
                  foundation commented
                  Editing a comment
                  also if there was a way to specify something was broken (I just got a model off ebay for $20 because it had issues)

Bottom Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X