Cathay Pacific and Dragonair Models turned off in DB - Please Read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathay Pacific and Dragonair Models turned off in DB - Please Read

The owners of Cathay Pacific and Dragonair are fearful that representing their aircraft via a database is a violation of copyright issues. This may be a misunderstanding that we do not sell models. Temporarily we have had to disable all of these models from our database, we are working with them to determine which models can be re-activated. Thank You.
    --

Madness! What a bunch of wankers
    --
    http://yesterdaysairlines.weebly.com/

Comment

Yeah, I agree this is silly.

Hope it gets resolved soon.

Soon, Disney and others will do the same based on 'Copyright' violations.
      --

Comment

...so that's why I can no longer see the JC Wings pre-order details for the 1:400 Cathay Tristars in 80s colours on Jetway Models/Waffle Collectibles. What a load of old bollocks. This doesn't look good for those releases then.

Comment

Hello!

Any news about that?

Thanks!
          --

Comment

It's been 4 months now, and still no updates sadly..*

Meanwhile, how do you guys cope with this? Do you add as custom models?*
            --

Comment

Lawyers trying to make money is all that is.
              --
              ~ Steven

Comment

I would have thought CX had enough to worry about at the moment.
                --
                Dave

Comment

Perhaps you should just start listing these models on the Database. It is supremely annoying and downright ridiculous. Perhaps the owners of Cathay Pacific and Dragonair may also be fearful that you have named these airlines in the title of this thread; surely that is also impinging on their copyright.
                  Last edited by Groover; 01-14-2018, 02:37 AM.
                  --
                  'Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.' - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Comment

I have countered a cease and desist from Cathay Pacific. Also dealt with stupid letters from Emirates, Lufthansa, LATAM.

Anything on this site falls under fair use. These are just wanker lawyers bilking the airline for hours. I mean really they're going to go after toys now! Reminds me of the stone age when people couldn't paint American Airlines liveries in flight simulator.

Please stop running around like chickens from these scary emails/letters and know your rights, this is abusive and baseless.

If they keep threatening I can vouch for Ryan Kromholz and Manion. They can respond and shut them up for good.

Send me a PM if you need more info.

Comment

Originally posted by juanchopancho View Post
                      Please stop running around like chickens from these scary emails/letters and know your rights, this is abusive and baseless.

If they keep threatening I can vouch for Ryan Kromholz and Manion. They can respond and shut them up for good.

Send me a PM if you need more info.
                      Thanks, sounds like a great offer. Did you take juanchopancho up on this yet, Ops Manager ...? Certainly worth a try.

Comment

I haven't heard anything. They should lawyer up to stop this BS. $500 retainer and it shouldn't cost more than that to stop this nonsense. Dan Johnson represented us as a junior lawyer, he's partner now.

Would really help to have Cathay back in the database.

Comment

Hi, Any news?

Cheers Chris

Comment

Hi, any chance to make it into a PDF file for us to download, so it is no longer a 'database'. lol. =)

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X