When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cathay Pacific disappeared????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathay Pacific disappeared????

Does anyone know why all Cathay Pacific models have disappeared from the database? Literally only 6 models on there now across all manufacturers scales and types? I have even inputted a specific DiMA Id 69504 for a model i have listed in my collection and it states that no mode exists???

Actually , the thing I heard was , that , Cathay ordered all websites to take down all Cathay Pacific/Dragon Models , due to Copyright Infringement.

Comment

Muhammad, you are correct, it is exactly what they did.

Comment

How petty!!! I hope all other airlines dont follow suit, good luck to them getting eBay listings removed!!!

Comment

Doesn’t sound right. Listings of models should have nothing to do with copyright. DA.C website still has them all listed.

Comment

Originally posted by ACpilot View Post
            Doesn’t sound right. Listings of models should have nothing to do with copyright. DA.C website still has them all listed.
            The problem is that Waffle owns this db and it is directly connected to his sales site. So I believe they connected the dots. Most annoying and very stupid by CX in my opinion. After all their Herpa official models are crap
            --
            http://yesterdaysairlines.weebly.com/

Comment

Well it certainly is because i can still create a custom cathay model so what difference does that make? Copyright is something stolen or taken and copied reproduced without consent, waffle and dima are doing neither, why havent cathay gone after gemini jets, herpa, jcwings, aeroclassics, phoenix, the list is endless and like a previous member stated about eBay, why havent they instructed all cathay related products incl models be removed as that is copyright theft if cathay are clearly concerned!

Comment

What kindof nonsense by CX. But we are allowed to pay for their overpriced models via their shops, right ? Are we allowed to take a look at their planes at airports or does it hurt any rights as well ? Seriously....
                Has there been any recemt update on this issue ?

Comment

Hi DB Admins, are there possibly any news about this topic ? Have seen that some models re-appeared, so this seems to be a good sign.
                  But still some are missing, thats why I am unsure what the status is from the legal perspective. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X