Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even more new DiMA Features!

DiMA - New Features and fixes!
    We've been really busy this week, coding a bunch of fixes and some new features. Here is what has been completed:
    • Model Detail page now shows you who is collecting that model!
    • Collection Print now has model Value and a color coded Net Gain/Loss
    • eBay Link now finds similar models - If the exact model isn't on eBay the link will find similar models.
    • Want Search and Trade Search now have links to all available by seller or all wanted by buyer
    • Top Model List - Improved look, added trade and retailer links
    • Collection/Trade/Want pages all now feature the improved display of the logos for airline, manufacturer and scale
    • The following have been converted to images to optimize page load time:
      • eBay, Trade, and Retailer Availability
    • Added bold and lighterweight fonts. Bold and italics will now work in the forums.
    • General tune-up of fonts on your collection and search pages
    • 1:300 now has matching colored scale graphic
    • Foreign Characters now display correctly in the PDF prints
    • Minified css and js code for faster page loading

Reminder: DiMA Forum Signatures now available!
    Want to let your friends know exactly what you have in your collection? Add the all new DiMA Signatures to your forum signatures! Each signature graphic is immediately updated with any changes to your collection and DiMAs entire database. Visit your collection preferences page to get your personalized code: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/preferences
    Here is what Ops Manager's signature looks like:

--

AWESOME, thank you very much!!
    --

Comment

A clueless, overmatched "moderator" at another web site took a swipe at DIMA a few days ago. The pathetic clown "made me laugh."

I haven't even bothered trying to access that web site's database in a few months. No need to, with DIMA's database working just fine.

The "other" database will NEVER have the feature's that DIMA's site has.

Sludge

Comment

I'm glad that DiMA is implementing all these new features, it really adds a lot to the site - specifically the database.

I just wish that people will use the Forum just as much as just the database. The database is provided free, I just hope that people who use it would also give a little back by promoting or simply just using the forums on DiMA as well.

@Sludge, a strange thing I noticed recently is that that moderator is a member of DiMA as well!
        --

Comment

thanks for all the comments guys. Please do what you can to promote DiMA and get more people to join.

And just for everyones information - the moderator in question above is not part of DiMA.. he/she may be registered here but does not have any administrative access.

Long live free model databases and collection systems!
          --

Comment

Thanks Ops Manager for the clarification. I didn't imply he is a moderator here, just that he is a registered member of DiMA, that is all.

Yes, I am happy that DiMA is freely available.

I don't mind a good debate on topics, but then it must not become derogatory or moderation be inconsistently applied as I noticed on some other forums. Certain people can point out problems and be just plain derogatory towards other manufacturers, but when you point out something wrong with their product, then it devolves into 'a personal attack' according to the 'rules' of the other sites. I do hope DiMA does not do that.
            --

Comment

Thanks for the info eugene.. do what you can to promote us.

Thanks!
              --

Comment

Originally posted by eugenevh View Post
                Thanks Ops Manager for the clarification. I didn't imply he is a moderator here, just that he is a registered member of DiMA, that is all.

Yes, I am happy that DiMA is freely available.

I don't mind a good debate on topics, but then it must not become derogatory or moderation be inconsistently applied as I noticed on some other forums. Certain people can point out problems and be just plain derogatory towards other manufacturers, but when you point out something wrong with their product, then it devolves into 'a personal attack' according to the 'rules' of the other sites. I do hope DiMA does not do that.

Hey, Eugene, I think a part of the DIMA experience is to get some business for Waffle.

I have never had a complaint with Waffle, but I basically settled on one mail order business, and one retail business. Because of DIMA, I give Waffle some business now, and will continue to do so.

Sludge

Comment

Thanks to user Antesyd we fixed a bug with the custom model import from Wings900 and DAC. There was an issue if you didn't have a logo selected (not like logos work on those sites) then it wouldn't import the model here. That has all been fixed.

RE Waffle. While he is integrated into this site, we are opening it up to other retailers as you have seen with DiecastAirplane.com. We are working to get other retailers here as well.

Has anyone tried AutoCollect from WaffleCollectbibles? When you place an order it automatically puts the models in your collection here on DiMA.. way cool!
                  --

Comment

Ops Manager, question for you:
                    How will ticking the Auto-Collect affect my Want list?
                    I don't want to tick the auto-collect, but then still have the item showing up in my want-list and having to go delete them manually then.

The want-list and showing availability is one of the best features I've used on DiMA. It really is a fantastic feature.
                    --

Comment

I'll check with waffle, i dont' think it removes it from your want list. Looks like i have to fix the signature code too.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                        I'll check with waffle, i dont' think it removes it from your want list. Looks like i have to fix the signature code too.
                        The signature works fine on DAC, it just vexes me on DiMA

Yes, please find out about the interaction between autocollect and want list. I do realize that some people might want multiple examples of one model, so the question will be "How do you determine if you can automatically remove the model from the want-list, or keep it there?"
                        --

Comment

Signatures fixed... We will check with waffle. I'm sure he can add an option to keep or remove from wishlist
                          --

Comment

Spoke with Waffle today. We will add a "delete from want list" option on his site; so when you place an order, if the item is in your want list it will be removed from there and added to your collection.
                            --

Comment

And like that, we are done. Want List is now an option in Waffle Collectibles.. their person was available to help us and the code is done. So now on your profile page there you will see an option for Want List delete..

Eugene your wish has come true!
                              --

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X