Worst ebay Experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst ebay Experience

I truly feel sorry when I read about DIMA memberís bad experiences on ebay.

One bad experience can ruin the euphoria of 100 great experiences, it seems.

My worst experience is rather mundane; I bought a plane that didnít have itís original box, which the seller neglected to mention. He used a pizza box. He said I could return it, but thatís a hassle.

It was the one and only time I gave negative feedback. (I have never given neutral feedback.) Failing to disclose a key piece of information warrants that, imho. And, in this case, my bid would have been significantly lower had I known this.

My worst experience wasn't with diecast aircraft but with radio control car parts. The item was described as one model of car and in "good condition" but when it arrived it was a different model from the same manufacturer and it was in such poor condition that none of the parts were of much use, it had obviously been crashed at high speed as the metal chassis was bent. He agreed to take it back but then stopped communication, I only got a refund once I'd put in a Paypal claim and had shown them proof that the courier had returned it to them.

I also had a cheap book that didn't arrive and upon investigation it seems the seller was listing thousands of books they didn't actually have to sell. Ebay banned the user and refunded me.

These are the only 2 bad experiences I can think of out of hundreds of purchases, I've been using ebay for about 18 years.

Comment

Bought a 3 pack CX 1:1000 Boeing set from ebay and was ecstatic that I got it for $20 with shipping.

The package arrived, and it contained the Airbus set, which I already had. I messaged the seller, said they sent me the wrong thing, and they said that they would mail out the correct set and once received I could mail back the airbus set, and said, yes of course I will gladly do it. A couple weeks go by, I message again. They said that they didn't have the set on hand but would have to check their warehouse in Europe...I was like...okay, so long as I get it I can wait. A month goes by, I message again, they tell me they'll have to check their warehouse in Asia next. A couple more weeks...I had enough.

I filed a complaint through ebay, paypal, and then messaged the seller directly saying I would take this as high as possible to get the issue fixed. They just refunded me my money just minutes later. I mean I guess I should be happy, but i've been hunting for that boeing set for years. Almost never shows up on ebay.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X