When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January 2021 Software Upgrade - Please read and report Bugs/issues Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 2021 Software Upgrade - Please read and report Bugs/issues Here

All,
    On the evening of January 2, 2021, we executed a well-needed upgrade of our forum software; this addressed many security issues with the system. Now with every upgrade comes a challenge, this one is in the form of the database. Without going into too many details, our database system relies on the forum software to draw the menus and general look and feel. Now after the upgrade, the two systems need to run with different settings. You'll notice that anything related to the database will now reside under the URL: database.diecastmodelaircraft.com

With that said, over the next week or so, we will work to address some known issues with the database - mainly around menus, URLs, and page components. We appreciate your patience while we work through these.

Please add any issues/problems you come across here on this thread.
    --

Can't use the Advanced Search function

Comment

Originally posted by strongbow71 View Post
      This has been fixed. We're working on that and a few other things today.
      --

Comment

Thanks for fixing up webpage. Search is still slow though.

Comment

Originally posted by planemanone View Post
          Thanks for fixing up webpage. Search is still slow though.
          Yah at this point we can't replicate in chrome, only in firefox.. not sure what the issue is.
          --

Comment

Originally posted by strongbow71 View Post
            I found trouble this morning making anything work until I read the initial post in this thread. The only thing that worked for me using the bookmarks I had was the database 'home' page with its 43317 models and 4332 pages.
            I changed the bookmark for the basic database to https://diecastmodelaircraft.com (note the lack of 'www' and nothing following '.com') . Both the Quick Search and Advanced Search then worked for me.

From there I could access my collection using the 'Collect' link in the blue bar at the top of the database page or, as I do, this link in my bookmarks: https://database.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collect

I have a few Custom models, either models not in the db or yet to be added. The only method that works for accessing my custom models at the moment is from the list of options on the left of my Collection page: 'Total Custom' with the small wrench or spanner image.

For several months I have not been able to use DIMA's print function using the grey 'Print' button near the top of the page. However the 'Print Collections' selection, also on the left of the Collection page, brings up a dialogue box to choose which collection you want to print. I have no working printer at the moment but I was able to save the output of the 'Print My Collection' button in the dialogue box as a pdf document which can be taken on a memory stick to a print shop and printed when I need to.

I am using Firefox 84.0.1 on a Macbook with OS 11.1 Big Sur.

--
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by kaitak View Post

I have a few Custom models, either models not in the db or yet to be added. The only method that works for accessing my custom models at the moment is from the list of options on the left of my Collection page: 'Total Custom' with the small wrench or spanner image.
              This has been fixed as well as a few other issues.

--

Comment

Completed some other updates, things should be working much better now. Hopefully running a bit faster for folks, Waffle and I were able to test and saw some improvement on most pages. It does look like the latest version of firefox has a but that causes some slower page loads.. more to follow..
                --

Comment

Thanks for informing Ops Manager.

Pls take a look at below thread and my last comment. Referring to this, as it also contains a picture showing the issue. Thanks.

Model value and value graphs - Diecast Model Aircraft (DiMA)

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
                    Thanks for informing Ops Manager.

Pls take a look at below thread and my last comment. Referring to this, as it also contains a picture showing the issue. Thanks.

Model value and value graphs - Diecast Model Aircraft (DiMA)
                    I tested Euros and they are working fine, i don't see that odd character. Perhaps you need to change the ISO format of your incoming text in your browser.
                    --

Comment

Hi...ongoing problem with printing, or using print to save a PDF of my collection. I reported this a couple months ago and it still doesn't work now even with your upgrade. There used to be an option for page orientation, size, etc., as well, before printing/saving. Hope you can get this fixed soon. Thanks!

Comment

I am not able to download my collection in the PDF format.

Comment

Per the message on the print page: "The PDF Print functionality is currently unavailable. We're working to get it back up and running as soon as possible. "

Right now that part is not working, we have to investigate new software for PDF print, it is on the to-do list but not at the front of the line.
                          --

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X