When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Security Breach - Please Change your Password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Security Breach - Please Change your Password

It has come to our attention that users on DiecastModelAircaft.com may have been subject to a security hack last month. This would have involved an unknown party being able to decrypt the password associated with your account, as well as obtain your first and last name and email address. DiMA does not store any other personally-identifying information on its system.

DiMA has completed an extensive upgrade of its forum software to the latest version, this was the source of the breach. We've also implemented a new system where the database is separate from the discussion forums enabling us to react quickly to patches and upgrades.

It is recommended that you change your password immediately by going to the following url:

If you use the password on other systems it is recommended you change them as well.

On a positive note, we're working to fix some older bugs on DiMA, you can follow along and report any issues here:

All, On the evening of January 2, 2021, we executed a well-needed upgrade of our forum software; this addressed many security issues with the system. Now with every upgrade comes a challenge, this one is in the form of the database. Without going into too many details, our database system relies on the forum software to draw

If you have any questions please email us at info@diecastmodelaircraft.com

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Team DiMA
    --

It’s a shame that it has taken until now for you to alert users.

I was fortunate enough to have been made aware last week by a U.K. Credit Reference Agency monitoring tool and took action then.

Comment

Originally posted by cityflyer View Post
      It’s a shame that it has taken until now for you to alert users.

I was fortunate enough to have been made aware last week by a U.K. Credit Reference Agency monitoring tool and took action then.
      We had to ensure that the system was secure. If we had told people and then didn't have the fix in place it would open us to further breaches or a repeat. Rest assured, we worked as quickly as we could.
      --

Comment

My e-mail address was compromised as well. But what do you mean for this frase?:

"If you use the password on other systems it is recommended you change them as well."

You mean the DIMA password in other devices ? Sorry but I got confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Santos View Post
          My e-mail address was compromised as well. But what do you mean for this frase?:

"If you use the password on other systems it is recommended you change them as well."

You mean the DIMA password in other devices ? Sorry but I got confused.
          If you use the password that you used on DiMA on other systems, then best to change those as well. Many people use the same password for many different sites; a hacker knowing a frequently used password and your email could gain access.
          --

Comment

Originally posted by Ops Manager View Post

If you use the password that you used on DiMA on other systems, then best to change those as well. Many people use the same password for many different sites; a hacker knowing a frequently used password and your email could gain access.
            Thank you for the explanation. Now I got.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X