When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aircraft Model Store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft Model Store?

Hey Everyone!
    What's your opinion on the online store Aircraft Model Store? (AMS)

Would you recommend it?

The home of precision made aircraft models and accessories by Herpa, GeminiJets, Phoenix, Hogan, JC Wings, Aeroclassics in 1/500, 1/400 and 1/200 scales! We offer commercial and military made from plastic and diecast.

No, garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Livavio View Post
      No, garbage.
      Why? What is bad about them?

Comment

they should be ok, but some ppl don't like their customer service, shipping or find some loony reason to not like a store. W/o any evidence to back up why they are bad then discard what they say... they sell name brand & that what counts as a foundation.
        --

Comment

Two times I was trying to buy a models, and two times were problems with them.

Comment

Pre ordered a new model, arrived on time but was damaged. They got back to me very quickly and issued me a very fair store credit as compensation. The repair was easy anyway. Not had any problems so far! Seem good

Comment

Their individual value for customer service has dropped significantly. I've had no end of issues in the last year or two where I've had models on pre-order, enquired when they are due in stock, only to be told they are no longer available. Obviously they take your money when you order, no problem with that, but when they are keeping it knowing models are no longer available that is when they should be contacting me to let me know rather than me chasing it up.

Other scenarios have been similar, then another agent contacts me to say they are coming into stock... half the staff I interact with via email have no idea what they are going on about.

I was a loyal customer since day one and utilised their membership discount, but the care for such loyal customers has dropped.
              --
              Beatles fan!

Comment

They're pretty good, I've only had one issue where I wasn't sent a rarer model because it was out of stock (but was in-stock on their website)
                Had to message them about it to know what happened but was easy to get it sorted out.

Comment

Personally I would not buy from them - mark-ups and strange pricing aside (charging £ for CA$, so things were massively overpriced), their packaging for international orders is really strange. Thin gauge cardboard, just crumpled paper for impact resistance/cushion, not even tightly packed newspaper. Had more than one package arrived crushed, and poor customer service when I told them the model inside was damaged.

All in all, between the pricing and that, would not recommend.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X