This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auckland International Airport

Very impressive model that, lots of time went into that for sure!
    --
    Andy (AKA Ryanairflyer)

Hey guys,

As promised here is what I have to show you.

I was offered this fantastic model airport from Dean aka Brundle earlier this week. An architectural
    model of Auckland International Airport. Its is a detailed section of the main part of the airport. Photos do not do justice for this. As you can see it now occupies the basement lounge floor as I have no table big enough to put it on. Close to 1:200 scale but will try to source more info.

At this stage, I plan not to do anything, I really would love to restore and even complete this fantastic model however wish to gain more skills and do a lot and I mean a lot of research before even attempting such a project.

Once again Dean thank you very much for this model, I very much appreciate it and will definitely make this a show piece in my future home (when ever that will be[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]).

[img]uploads/15/AIA1.jpg[/img]

[img]uploads/15/AIA2.jpg[/img]

[img]uploads/15/AIA3.jpg[/img]
    --
    Jason

Comment

Here some more pics...

[img]uploads/15/AIA4.jpg[/img][img]uploads/15/AIA5.jpg[/img]
      --
      Jason

Comment

That is sweet Jase! I would love to own something like that!! Nice pick up mate.
        --
        John

Comment

You are a very lucky man!!
          <DIV></DIV>
          --
          www.sydneyaviationshop.com

Comment

You sure are lucky Jase!! That is an awesome model!

Comment

That's quite a size. Brilliant detail.
              Is it the same as the current layout or a future expansion/rearrangement?
              --
              Cheers, Mike - My collection of 126 Models, Check out the photo thread here.

Comment

Could not think of a better home for that model, and I know you do have the skills.

When you break a piece you will go Bugger it and get stuck in, so my best advice is to

BREAK A SMALL PIECE NOW.

Will enjoy watching your progress on all your dioramas.

Dean

Comment

Originally posted by MAC Admin

Very impressive model that, lots of time went into that for sure!
                  Alot of time sure did, makes me wonder how much a model like this would actually cost to build.

Originally posted by ALITALIA_747
                  That is sweet Jase! I would love to own something like that!! Nice pick up mate.
                  Cheers mate, definitely a day I will never forget.

Originally posted by Cedarjet
                  You are a very lucky man!!
                  Cheers mate.

Originally posted by alexczarn

You sure are lucky Jase!! That is an awesome model!
                  Cheers mate, very awesome indeed.

--
                  Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_Flyer
                    That's quite a size. Brilliant detail.
                    Is it the same as the current layout or a future expansion/rearrangement?
                    Hi mate,

Ive been looking at all available photos that I have as well as this currently on the web and from what I can make out this is was actually exists now... please note there maybe some minor pieces missing as this was stored for a very long time in some closet at the airport gathering dust, only lucky that it was saved by dean before thrown away.

The area highlighted in red at this does not exist whether it will in the future is not yet known but I will try to find out.

[img]uploads/15/AIA11.jpg[/img]

--
                    Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Brundle
                      Could not think of a better home for that model, and I know you do have the skills.

When you break a piece you will go Bugger it and get stuck in, so my best advice is to

BREAK A SMALL PIECE NOW.

Will enjoy watching your progress on all your dioramas.

Dean

Thanks again mate and cheers for the vote of confidence this is one project I wish to see to the very end. But must finish of my 1:200 airport first... great thing is from looking at the AIA model, I see how bits and pieces are put together and what materials are used which I can also use on my current build.

To be honest, a small piece did break off during my way on home... but was an easy fix... no more breaking now haha.
                      --
                      Jason

Comment

Wow, what a fantastic gift!. You have the core now of any new airport design you want to make. The tough bit has been done for you. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Comment

Anyone willing to hand over a diorama like that is very kind. Make good use out of it. Maybe you can sign up for a modelling course if they are available and I don't mean the kind where you walk on a runway!
                          --
                          Jeff

\"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.\" -Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by CYYZ Guy
                            Anyone willing to hand over a diorama like that is very kind. Make good use out of it. Maybe you can sign up for a modelling course if they are available and I don't mean the kind where you walk on a runway!
                            <DIV></DIV>
                            <DIV>Greetings Jeff and welcome to MAC. Sorry I have no dioramas to hand over, just a few bak drop pics of Bristol Airport.</DIV>
                            <DIV></DIV>
                            <DIV>I think Jo-Anne(The Big Blue)had a fantasy about walking(or doing something of the kind)on a runway, but it required Mark to be in attendance aswell.</DIV>
                            --
                            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by CYYZ Guy

Yeah mate a real nice guy to meet in person too. And with regards to modelling classes, thats a great Idea... always thought you had to do the whole architecture courses but there must a be course here dedicated to architectural model building. Will definitely look into it mate.
                              --
                              Jason

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X