When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11/29 More Pre-Orders & FREE MODELS ARE BACK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/29 More Pre-Orders & FREE MODELS ARE BACK!!!

The madness continues into the weekend as both JC Wings & Phoenix Models have done an annoucement war. So here's to more new releases!!
    JC Wings 1:200
    JC Wings 1:400
    Phoenix Models 1:200 Pre-Order!!
    Additionally, we've got the free model section back in action!!! Spend over 50.00 after discount and excluding shipping & tax, add the mystery free model to your order and you're all set to receive a free 1:400 model to your order!! Quantities are limited and while supplies last so be sure to get your order in!!! We've got another collection arriving at the end of next week so be sure to keep checking back to avoid missing out!!! Happy Shopping!!! www.wafflecollectibles.com

so the phoenix and jcwings models are identical?

Comment

• JAL1628
      JAL1628 commented
      Editing a comment
      All these companies share molds from time to time, but Phoenix and JC are definitely different companies

Unfortunately the Phoenix Quality is a bit suspect these days.
    I have a couple of Phoenix models with obvious Quality issues. (wrong Engines such as two starboard engines on a model or a broken nosewheel landing gear on the Ethiopian model)
    But it will be very sad is they go out of business.as it competition is mostly good in an industry.

For instance. Aeroclassics makes some decent models, but the production run is quite limited. So if another company makes the same model, then for those who wait a bit and lose out on the original release can get the second manufacturer's release.

Thing are not looking good for Phoenix, and we as collectors will suffer as they go out of business like quite a number of other manufacturers over the years.
    --

Comment

Yes, nearly identical. The only good thing about the manufacturers doing that is 6 months to a year from now they'll be available for half the price.

Comment

Originally posted by eugenevh View Post
        Thing are not looking good for Phoenix, and we as collectors will suffer as they go out of business like quite a number of other manufacturers over the years.
        I was not aware they are in trouble. That's too bad if it's true, I like Phoenix quite well. I've not had any problems; but of course, I don't examine my models very carefully.

Comment

Neither did I, I'm not at all sure where Phoenix is based but their models have in my opinion have been flawless compared to issues I've had with GJ. I mean either company will be entitled to their mistakes. For the models they push out on a monthly basis I'm surprised they would go out of business. Yea their models are a bit more costly but they also sell out rather quick especially their higher popularity models (The Ryanair 737-800 was one of the big sellers I remember, even though I'm not a huge fan of a lot of low cost carriers)... It's hit or miss like other companies.
          --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

Comment

One thing I like about Phoenix is they get the hot items out quickly, for example this Qatar A350 and the Air China 748i.

Comment

I agree JAL, they push out the most recent jets quick. That's a really nice shot of the Qatar A350. I love my Air China 748i, I'm really looking forward for the Phoenix Alitalia A330 in the "Expo" livery as well as the Avianca 787-8 which I'm not even sure if Avianca has taken delivery of their 787's yet...
              --

Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X