When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Herpa or Hogan SR-71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herpa or Hogan SR-71

Looking to get a 1:200 SR-71. What is better, the Herpa or Hogan version? The panel lines look more detailed on Herpa but the rear cockpit doesn’t look great, whereas Hogan seem smoother skin but maybe not as good quality? What do you guys think?

I have one of the Hogan versions, and I like it. Never really looked at the panel line detail all that much. I know a lot of the smaller 1:200 scale airframes have some discrepancies with lines. I have Hogan M-Series F/A-18C, F/A-18F, F-14D, F-15E, SR-71 and Herpa B-52, B-2, and RQ-4. All are decent. I still want to get the Herpa B-1. I have preordered the Herpa B-58. I'll be in interested in seeing that one once it comes out.
    --
    Never trust a helicopter under 50! Phrogs Phorever!

Comment

Nice set! I’ve got a mix of the smaller military nets from both Hogan and Herpa as I think each do some versions better than the other. The B-1 is lovely! Been waiting ages for the B-58 as well, one of my favourite aircraft. I’ve heard they’ve had big problems with the mould and panel lines on it, hence the delay. How’s the RQ-4 you’ve got? Been looking for one for a while but prices always seem too high!

Comment

I would suggest hunting on eBay from time to time. Things come and go and you can definitely snag some good deals here and there. I know I have.
        --
        Never trust a helicopter under 50! Phrogs Phorever!

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X