When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new features should we add to DiMA next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AvGeek
    replied
    A tab for 'Albums' would be nice, instead of https://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/special/albums

Leave a comment:

• AvGeek
    replied
    Edit option for Private Messages, we all make typos.

Leave a comment:

• Sean's AA DC-10
    replied
    You replied in the tech section, but I'll post it here too because it's a biggie for me... I'd love to view this site on my iPhone! As you know, right now it's a no-go. Waffle looks to use the codes that you can use..?

Leave a comment:

• GJ5280
    replied
    Numbers 4, 5, and 6 sound amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Skeeter
    replied
    Maybe a section for new members to say hello.

Leave a comment:

• fleetlordatvar
    replied
    Already available

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	38702

Leave a comment:

• Delta Airlines
    replied
    Could you make the want list sort by priority with 5 star wants coming first? This would really helps as compared the searching through your entire want list just to see what you have prioritized. Also, could we have a button that filters out aircraft that are out of stock? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Ops Manager
    replied
    Please put these suggestions into a separate thread so we don't loose them

Leave a comment:

• Siegerflieger
    replied
    Two more suggestions to improve the user experience:

On the model detail page,...

(1) ... add options to show collection details (notes, acquisition date; price is already shown) and to modify the model in your collection (delete, modify notes etc). At the moment, the only way to do this is through the "Collection" tab, which doesn't have search. Clicking on "I have it" adds the model again even if it's already in one's collection. That's a possible scenario, but I think more users expect clicking a checkbox which is already checked to become unchecked (ie. delete the model)

(2) ... under "prototype photos", optimize the a.net and jp.net searches. The current ones are by registration only. Some airlines recycle regs, so the following models, for example, have more or less unrelated photos:

http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/25704 - shows current A380 instead of historic A330
    http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/15171 - shows current 747-8 instead of historic 747-100
    http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/18207 - shows current E145 instead of historic 747SP (which is kind of the funniest discrepancy I could find).

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• waffle
    replied
    Originally posted by Siegerflieger View Post

This works now. Don't know who's to credit, but I thought it was worth acknowledging (in case not everyone noticed quicker than me).
    Your submissions are much appreciated. Just remember as with most people there are times when I'm very busy so I don't have the time to do them instantly.

Leave a comment:

• Siegerflieger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ops Manager View Post

Forumrunner issues have to be taken up with them, we don't supply or code any part of that. Sorry to say.
    This works now. Don't know who's to credit, but I thought it was worth acknowledging (in case not everyone noticed quicker than me).

Leave a comment:

• Siegerflieger
    commented on 's reply
    Someone's approved a lot of models for me today, and is approving more while I was submitting them - thanks! That's over 50 approved model submissions for me now :-)

• Siegerflieger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ops Manager View Post
    Siegerflieger, it already does that.
    Maybe I didn't explain this properly. My suggestion is to toggle the sort order for each level separately, for example:

1st sort - by purchase date - descending
    2nd sort - by airline - ascending
    3rd sort - by part number - ascending

As it is, I only see a single asc/desc switch which influences all levels of sorting so I can either have

1st sort - by purchase date - descending
    2nd sort - by airline - descending
    3rd sort - by part number - descending

or

1st sort - by purchase date - ascending
    2nd sort - by airline - ascending
    3rd sort - by part number - ascending

But that's really a minor problem.

What really bugs me is the model submission queue.

Today, I uploaded three more models, but there are still a few waiting for approval, and I've lost track of what I've submitted and what's still missing. If either the queue was public or things got processed within a week or so, this would be great. I appreciate it's too much work for a single person, so I've offered help a few times. I doubt you'll find a lot more qualified collectors.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Leave a comment:

• Ops Manager
    replied
    Siegerflieger, it already does that.

Leave a comment:

• Siegerflieger
    commented on 's reply
    That's great - thanks a lot. The next refinement would be to set the order per field, eg. #1 by purchase date - descending #2 by airline - ascending #3 ... But this is much lower priority. Thanks!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X