When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which scale is the most popular?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which scale is the most popular?

I've always wondered this actually, because the majority of models that I've ever seen displayed in stores when I lived in Hong Kong were of the 1:500 scale variety and this is why I started my collection with that scale. But I feel as if the 1:400 scale is much more popular with collectors, or at least much more talked about.

But in reality, what scale is truly the most popular scale for collectors to collect?

I am guessing 1/400 followed by 1/200 then 1/500.

I like 1/400 the most. not too big not too small and fairly affordable.

Comment

Yeah I'd say that 1:400 is the most popular as it has the correct price and size point for most. There can't be many collectors with more than a handful of 1:200s. They must surely appeal more to industry veterans as one-offs or those with small selective collections. 1:500 only has a handful of manufacturers (Herpa and Aeroclassics - are there more?) whereas 1:400 has by my count 7 or 8 manufacturers and a few sub-brands too.

Still I'm surprised by the number of 1:200s announced. I assume they are made in small numbers?
      --
      http://yesterdaysairlines.weebly.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X