Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on DiMa....

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I guess part of the problem is a sort of cultural difference: Most users in Europe will enter the price of a model including VAT (around 20%) because that's how goods are legally offered here. But most users in North America will put in the price exclusive of sales tax (which is typically much lower and doesn't always apply especially when buying)... because that's how goods are legally offered there. It's got little to do with the currency itself.

    Now how much attention you really pay to the value depends on you: Do you buy models to enjoy them or do you want to make money off them?

    Thanks, DiMA team, for keeping the site up and running.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Siegerflieger View Post
      I guess part of the problem is a sort of cultural difference: Most users in Europe will enter the price of a model including VAT (around 20%) because that's how goods are legally offered here. But most users in North America will put in the price exclusive of sales tax (which is typically much lower and doesn't always apply especially when buying)... because that's how goods are legally offered there. It's got little to do with the currency itself.

      Now how much attention you really pay to the value depends on you: Do you buy models to enjoy them or do you want to make money off them?

      Thanks, DiMA team, for keeping the site up and running.
      That's a very good point. Unfortunately here in UK, HM Customs have recently become very proactive in that anything bought from outside the EU with a customs declaration value of £15 or over will be charged an additional 20% VAT tax plus a whopping £8.00 GDP handling fee, all paid before delivery. Therefore the price paid varies between country and makes it no longer viable to buy from outside the EU.

      Comment


      • Just love the Database and Personal Collection features,just one thing if this could be implemented and that is: If you have a model that is not in the database for some reason or other, and you have to add it manually into the Custom section of your Collection, would the ability to add your own photos into the description list.I'm sure this would be a welcomed addition by all.

        Comment


        • The DiMA logo was recently changed to VBulletin on the header of the site, is this permanent or are we going to see the DiMA logo come back?
          --

          Cloud Services Admin/Collector since 2006

          Comment


          • Thank you, the logo is fixed. Forgot to do that after an upgrade.
            --

            Comment


            • Love Dima.
              Is there maybe a way to tweak the database advanced search with the following (not critical, just a nice to have).

              The Boeing customer code for SAA planes are -44. Ex Boeing 747-400 model becomes 747-444.
              Now airlines sell their planes after a while and they end up at other operators.
              I thus want to search the database for all occurences of a boeing model which ends in 44. Don't mind doing each boeing product individually, but would like an option to type in the full search term "Boeing 707-344" etc.
              (oh and I ask this here as I hope it would at least show something else as the top topic other than the one which is currently being shown). Win-win.
              --

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ops Manager View Post
                We know you have a choice out there for databases and collection systems, but we'd like to hear from you.
                -Team DiMA
                I love this site! After some issues with W900 and DA.C (especially the lack of model database updates), I decided to keep my collection data just here and in a MS Excel/LibreOffice file.

                Just a question: I used to list my wants list on Waffle site, but now I can't access and update it anymore (the site show "You must be logged into Waffle Collectibles
                in order to use the Want List." message, even if I'm already logged there). I tought Waffle had moved this wantlists to DIMA databases, but when I receive the weekly e-mail with my want list (with the models available for sale), the list shown is based on Waffle website wantlist, not on DIMA list. Why?

                Best regards,
                Daniel
                --
                Daniel R.Carneiro
                Aviation online's chief editor - http://www.aviation.com.br

                Comment


                • Originally posted by aviationcombr View Post

                  I love this site! After some issues with W900 and DA.C (especially the lack of model database updates), I decided to keep my collection data just here and in a MS Excel/LibreOffice file.

                  Just a question: I used to list my wants list on Waffle site, but now I can't access and update it anymore (the site show "You must be logged into Waffle Collectibles
                  in order to use the Want List." message, even if I'm already logged there). I tought Waffle had moved this wantlists to DIMA databases, but when I receive the weekly e-mail with my want list (with the models available for sale), the list shown is based on Waffle website wantlist, not on DIMA list. Why?

                  Best regards,
                  Daniel
                  Should be fixed; we found the error.

                  --

                  Comment


                  • The first sentence in the first post in this topic states that dima knows we have a choice when it comes to databases.

                    We donít. There is no other database that is worth anything.

                    I donít know why wings900 sunk into a cesspool. They allowed plenty of juvenile behavior there, and the worst offenders at wings900...have left the hobby. (Example; a pathetic English teen, myt, never saw a post that he couldnít find a way to respond to in an infantile manner. He is literally out of the hobby now. Perhaps he moved on to another hobby, such as voyeurism.)

                    People, dima is the ďlast man standingĒ when it comes to our hobby. The others, wings900, dac, scalehanger, deserted us.

                    Letís be grateful and promote dima when we can.

                    Comment


                    • Got my latest birthday greeting from DiMA. Always good being remembered once in a while. And DiMA has been faithful at this for a long time. No longer an active collector of 1:400 'civvies'. Still appreciate being remembered for the days when I was active. Two thumbs up, DiMA. Thanks again. Cheers.

                      Comment


                      • Would be nice to create something like WISHLIST in TRADE section belonging to every user account.
                        --

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TriJet View Post
                          Would be nice to create something like WISHLIST in TRADE section belonging to every user account.
                          Not sure what you mean... a public wishlish?

                          --

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ops Manager View Post

                            Not sure what you mean... a public wishlish?
                            You are going to TRADE section, choose( tick ) some model and this marked model is always visible when you enter to section TRADE from your account next time.
                            --

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TriJet View Post

                              You are going to TRADE section, choose( tick ) some model and this marked model is always visible when you enter to section TRADE from your account next time.
                              you can open up model details from trade and do the same thing there, so are you asking to have the ability to mark something as wanted from the trade list?
                              --

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ops Manager View Post

                                you can open up model details from trade and do the same thing there, so are you asking to have the ability to mark something as wanted from the trade list?
                                Can be something similar to: "THIS MODEL IN YOUR WANTS ALREADY EXIST" or any other mark.
                                --

                                Comment

                                Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X