When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new features should we add to DiMA next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be possible to raise the character limit on the signatures? I want both my DIMA and Flight Memory banners to show and I am literally one character short.
    --

Comment

• Ops Manager
      Ops Manager commented
      Editing a comment
      Character limit increased, this has been completed, let me know if you still have issues.

Also, would it be possible to use the airline logos as your avatar and / or have a bigger avatar? Thanks. My delta logo is a bit cramped.
    --

Comment

• Ops Manager
      Ops Manager commented
      Editing a comment
      A wider avatar size would require some additional coding and template modifications, otherwise everything would be shifted to the right more as they are much wider. The Avatar system in Vb5 is based off of squares which most social networks are utilizing now, so this is more of a standard. Once we have moved to the latest version of vb5 (we are awaiting some bug fixes) we can look into this more carefully.

I am still getting an error. I have attached a screenshot of my problem. Behind the popup box is the code to get my DIMA statistics box.
    Attached Files
    --

Comment

• fleetlordatvar
      fleetlordatvar commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm interested in the flight memory now to see my flt stats, i'll have to check out the website.

Originally posted by Delta Airlines View Post
    I am still getting an error. I have attached a screenshot of my problem. Behind the popup box is the code to get my DIMA statistics box.
    Try your signature now...
    --

Comment

Originally posted by Ops Manager View Post

Try your signature now...
      I still get the same error. Sorry.
      --

Comment

My favorites would be 4,5,6. Maybe instead of a text hint, just auto insert today's date in the format you want in the acquire date, and people can modify it if they want.
        If the pending models list was auto inserted from preorders by waffle, diecastairplane and others that'd be cool, but for models I acquire from ebay and such I'd wait until I acutally had them in case something was wrong.

the multiple delete from collection would that be from the want list? if so I'd vote for that too

Comment

Originally posted by Delta Airlines View Post

I still get the same error. Sorry.
          Can you email me your signature code: info@diecastmodelaircraft.com

Thankyou.
          --

Comment

Originally posted by foundation View Post
            My favorites would be 4,5,6. Maybe instead of a text hint, just auto insert today's date in the format you want in the acquire date, and people can modify it if they want.
            If the pending models list was auto inserted from preorders by waffle, diecastairplane and others that'd be cool, but for models I acquire from ebay and such I'd wait until I acutally had them in case something was wrong.

the multiple delete from collection would that be from the want list? if so I'd vote for that too
            Noted on the auto insert date.
            Pending models is not models that are up for pre-order, they are models that people have submitted to be added. Right now wc.com participates in autocollect when your order is shipped.

Noted the multiple delete.
            --

Comment

I was thinking about the making collection list more compact. I'm assuming you're thinking something like a text list which would be cool. For us visual folks it might be cool to have a grid of just the main picture of the model and one small line of text underneath it.
              Also a group by (where you insert a space) might be handy for the first sort item
              Thanks!

Comment

We need a cross reference feature that tells us whose molds are being used for different models, e.g., the phoenix and GJ 767-300W are the same mold, as are the 787-8.. but NOT the 787-9..

Reason being, I like to keep the molds I buy consistent (for the most part).
                Last edited by JAL1628; 08-06-2014, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• fleetlordatvar
                  fleetlordatvar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  CRAZY!! SUPER labor intensive w/ no certified way to verify.

• JAL1628
                  JAL1628 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I disagree. Molds have unique corresponding part numbers. The companies who make models have this data.

Labor intensive perhaps, impossible, no.

• fleetlordatvar
                  fleetlordatvar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  those part numbers would likely fall into bossiness secrets(?) & companies would certainly be reluctant to share that info. anyone know if getting those numbers would be likely.

Originally posted by JAL1628 View Post
                We need a cross reference feature that tells us whose molds are being used for different models, e.g., the phoenix and GJ 767-300W are the same mold, as are the 787-8.. but NOT the 787-9..

Reason being, I like to keep the molds I buy consistent (for the most part).
                Do you have any idea what a spider web of a mess that is? add in hogan and herpa.. thats asking for trouble...
                --

Comment

What about having a generic "related models" link created by users with a comment field as to why it's related. then somebody can put in "same mold" or "same airline same aircraft different manufacturer"

Comment

Originally posted by foundation View Post
                    What about having a generic "related models" link created by users with a comment field as to why it's related. then somebody can put in "same mold" or "same airline same aircraft different manufacturer"

Anything created by users in wiki fashion generally leads to errors and bigger problems. Noted what you are looking for will see what we can do.
                    --

Comment

We were brainstorming for ideas and I submitted an idea for a feature nobody has. I had no idea how difficult or easy it might be. But it's a good idea.

If it's not economically viable, then it also makes sense why nobody else has done it. Maybe letting the users populate this data slowly over time - the same way we update prices - maybe that is the best way to go.

As for obscure models and limited production types, I don't think those are relevant so much as the big 3-4 mfg's that frequently share molds.

Comment

What about having a filter for the trades list that is "has an asking price" (probably should make it ignore "0" as I've seen some people with that accidentally filled in). It would also be cool to see a list of users with the most models available for trade that have an asking price.

BTW there are no pagination links for a user's tradelist (at least on google chrome) and the asking price in a user's trade list is different than asking price listed in "list of trades" for a specific model.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X