When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new features should we add to DiMA next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another nice feature would be to add quantity next to the "got it". so it'd be a green check mark and then a (2) right beside it if you had two (could also make that (#) always be there (normally showing (1) and have it be a link to the collection for those items.

Comment

• foundation
      foundation commented
      Editing a comment
      ah, yes in the collection view I still want to see individuals (like one might be damaged or something), but maybe there's some way to indicate models are the same in the collection view like a thin line before and after each model part # that highlights there are three of the same?

• fleetlordatvar
      fleetlordatvar commented
      Editing a comment
      now I'm confused...when there are multiple it shows the same model entry for each one. If one is damage you add a note.

• foundation
      foundation commented
      Editing a comment
      sorry just meant that in the collection list if it shows

Piedmont 737
      Piedmont 727 -- copy 1
      Piedmont 727 -- copy 2
      Piedmont 727 -- copy 3
      Piedmont 767

maybe having a slight visual indicator like

-----------------------------------
      Piedmont 737
      ------------------------------
      Piedmont 727 -- copy 1
      Piedmont 727 -- copy 2
      Piedmont 727 -- copy 3
      ---------------------------------
      Piedmont 767
      -----------------------------------

or

Piedmont 737
      Piedmont 727 -- copy 1
      -- Piedmont 727 -- copy 2
      -- Piedmont 727 -- copy 3
      Piedmont 767

I saw a forum on DA.C asking if they should divide for sale into 1/200, 1/400, and military. I think that would be a nice idea. When you post, you could select which one to post in, even multiples.
    --

Comment

Originally posted by Delta Airlines View Post
      I saw a forum on DA.C asking if they should divide for sale into 1/200, 1/400, and military. I think that would be a nice idea. When you post, you could select which one to post in, even multiples.

Additional forums are not the answer, the correct way to do this is to add pre-fixes to posts. You select the scale prefix so that they can be filtered out by users. Very easy to do.
      --

Comment

• fleetlordatvar
        fleetlordatvar commented
        Editing a comment
        IF, big IF, People mark a model w/ the "trade it" category, then one simply goes to the "Trades" tab & filter by scale, airline, many options available in the DB, to find a plane they want to buy!

You can also use the tags, those work well..
      --

Comment

Originally posted by Ops Manager View Post
        You can also use the tags, those work well..
        I like that idea a lot, sure beat mine.
        --

Comment

How about this: In preferences, it's already possible to define criteria for the ordering of your collection, even at multiple levels: by airline, by aircraft etc. What's missing is an option to toggle between ascending and descending. Especially in case you want to order your collection by purchase date so you always see your latest purchases.

Comment

• FireAngelZero
            FireAngelZero commented
            Editing a comment
            You can already toggle your collection by ascending and descending, to the right of the category list there is a logo of an airplane taking off, and next to it logo of a jet descending. This is how I organize my collection by most recent purchases.

• Siegerflieger
            Siegerflieger commented
            Editing a comment
            @FireAngelZero - I know. But it's a bit more convenient if you can set the default order in preferences

• FireAngelZero
            FireAngelZero commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahh, I see what you mean! It's a good idea then!

Will put that on our to-do list
          --

Comment

All done - you can now go to preference and set default sort order.
            Collection sort applies to collection, want and trade
            Print sort applies only to print.
            --

Comment

• Siegerflieger
              Siegerflieger commented
              Editing a comment
              That's great - thanks a lot. The next refinement would be to set the order per field, eg. #1 by purchase date - descending #2 by airline - ascending #3 ... But this is much lower priority. Thanks!

Siegerflieger, it already does that.
            --

Comment

Siegerflieger, it already does that.
              Maybe I didn't explain this properly. My suggestion is to toggle the sort order for each level separately, for example:

1st sort - by purchase date - descending
              2nd sort - by airline - ascending
              3rd sort - by part number - ascending

As it is, I only see a single asc/desc switch which influences all levels of sorting so I can either have

1st sort - by purchase date - descending
              2nd sort - by airline - descending
              3rd sort - by part number - descending

or

1st sort - by purchase date - ascending
              2nd sort - by airline - ascending
              3rd sort - by part number - ascending

But that's really a minor problem.

What really bugs me is the model submission queue.

Today, I uploaded three more models, but there are still a few waiting for approval, and I've lost track of what I've submitted and what's still missing. If either the queue was public or things got processed within a week or so, this would be great. I appreciate it's too much work for a single person, so I've offered help a few times. I doubt you'll find a lot more qualified collectors.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Comment

• Siegerflieger
                Siegerflieger commented
                Editing a comment
                Someone's approved a lot of models for me today, and is approving more while I was submitting them - thanks! That's over 50 approved model submissions for me now :-)

Forumrunner issues have to be taken up with them, we don't supply or code any part of that. Sorry to say.
              This works now. Don't know who's to credit, but I thought it was worth acknowledging (in case not everyone noticed quicker than me).

Comment

Originally posted by Siegerflieger View Post

This works now. Don't know who's to credit, but I thought it was worth acknowledging (in case not everyone noticed quicker than me).
                Your submissions are much appreciated. Just remember as with most people there are times when I'm very busy so I don't have the time to do them instantly.

Comment

Two more suggestions to improve the user experience:

On the model detail page,...

(1) ... add options to show collection details (notes, acquisition date; price is already shown) and to modify the model in your collection (delete, modify notes etc). At the moment, the only way to do this is through the "Collection" tab, which doesn't have search. Clicking on "I have it" adds the model again even if it's already in one's collection. That's a possible scenario, but I think more users expect clicking a checkbox which is already checked to become unchecked (ie. delete the model)

(2) ... under "prototype photos", optimize the a.net and jp.net searches. The current ones are by registration only. Some airlines recycle regs, so the following models, for example, have more or less unrelated photos:

http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/25704 - shows current A380 instead of historic A330
                  http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/15171 - shows current 747-8 instead of historic 747-100
                  http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/db/model/18207 - shows current E145 instead of historic 747SP (which is kind of the funniest discrepancy I could find).

Thanks!

Comment

Please put these suggestions into a separate thread so we don't loose them
                    --

Comment

Could you make the want list sort by priority with 5 star wants coming first? This would really helps as compared the searching through your entire want list just to see what you have prioritized. Also, could we have a button that filters out aircraft that are out of stock? Thanks
                      --

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X